what all am i supposed to put into the 'hospital bag'?

i have comfortable pj pants, a tank top, a long sleeve robe incase i get cold, an old large tshirt to stay comfortable, shampoo, conditioner, pads, undies, chapstick, body wash, lotion, toothbrush, mouth wash, toothpaste, slippers, tums, face wash, my outfit to come home in, and im pretty sure thats it.. am i forgetting anything? and then in the diaper bag should i have anything else besides your usual things you put in there and her coming home outfit? first time mom .. i have no idea what im doing.

aliciamarie1012

Asked by aliciamarie1012 at 2:26 PM on Sep. 17, 2010 in Pregnancy

• Sounds good and too much. LOL Yo also want loads of change for vending.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 2:27 PM on Sep. 17, 2010

• You might want to add breast pads to that list. Even if you aren't planning on nursing, you may need them.
    hobbitswife04

Answer by hobbitswife04 at 2:28 PM on Sep. 17, 2010

• check with your hospital before you load up change for vending. Mine offered free food for myself and friends and not nasty hospital food but the good stuff.

Sounds good but make sure they aren't your favorite sleepy pants incase you leak
    Smiley001

Answer by Smiley001 at 2:29 PM on Sep. 17, 2010

• I'm a first time mom and have the same things going through my mind. Look up online for a list of what you need. I have found that the best source or some pregnancy magazines have great lists. Good luck! Is it almost time? :)
    Anna-Chubaby

Answer by Anna-Chubaby at 2:29 PM on Sep. 17, 2010

• I packed a rice bag (cloth bag filled with rice). It helped for labor pains. I wish I would have packed a donut to sit on. I tore and it was uncomfortable to sit.
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 2:29 PM on Sep. 17, 2010

• You have all the basics. Maybe add a book or mp3 player to kill the time while you are in labor though chances are good you still won't use it lol. If your SO is staying with you the whole take make sure he has clothes and stuff too.
    jessicarae787

Answer by jessicarae787 at 2:29 PM on Sep. 17, 2010

• What about stuff to help you while you are in labor?
    Ipod, rice sock, essential oils, tennis balls or massage tools, yoga ball (wont fit in bag) something to wear in the tub/shower.

Camera!
    Roadfamily6now

Answer by Roadfamily6now at 2:30 PM on Sep. 17, 2010

• camera!
    rAbella

Answer by rAbella at 2:30 PM on Sep. 17, 2010

• that sounds like too much to me. all i took was my toothbrush toothpaste and a change of clothes. for baby i took an outfit and a blanket. and change for the vending machine is a good idea!
    jennifer588

Answer by jennifer588 at 2:30 PM on Sep. 17, 2010

• Oh they supply you with a lifetime of maxi-pads lol. They are the bulky kind but trust me you'll need them!
    jessicarae787

Answer by jessicarae787 at 2:32 PM on Sep. 17, 2010