My son is having hard time going to potty since starting school, help?

My son use to go #2 every day, but since he started going to school(kindergarten) he's been getting constipated and can't poop. I am a sahm and before starting school he went #2 during the day-he was regular. I think he is holding it while in school bc of the excitement which is messing it up and constipating him. Any suggestions on what I should do...I don't even know what to try.

Dimples5110

Asked by Dimples5110 at 2:43 PM on Sep. 17, 2010 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• Try to train him to go in the afternoon at home. Have him sit on the toilet when he gets home from school.
    No kid wants to poop at school.

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 2:44 PM on Sep. 17, 2010

• My grandson has the same problem. We've decided the biggest issue is he is drinking so little during the school day it is promoting the constipation. We really push water in the morning and as soon as they get in from school.
    GrnEyedGrandma

Answer by GrnEyedGrandma at 2:45 PM on Sep. 17, 2010

• It is quite likely that he is not getting enough water to drink during school hours.
    DawnA72

Answer by DawnA72 at 3:01 PM on Sep. 17, 2010

• More Fiber and water.
    sstepph

Answer by sstepph at 3:45 PM on Sep. 17, 2010