I need low fat ways to quench my daily cravings! Esp. now that summer's here, I am always craving chocolate - puddings, and ice cream! Has anyone found a better way to quench these cravings?

merryheart

Asked by merryheart at 5:53 PM on Jul. 1, 2008 in Diet & Fitness

• The cravings that you specify are actually your bodies way of telling you it needs calcium! Eat some cheese or yogurt instead of pudding and ice cream. And indulge yourself in a small bit of dark chocolate to satisfy the chocolate monster in you. :-)
    DivaMomCC

Answer by DivaMomCC at 6:10 PM on Jul. 1, 2008

• Fruit smoothies!! Just take some frozen berries, fat free yohgurt and blend!! HMMM soo good
    sapient

Answer by sapient at 6:42 PM on Jul. 1, 2008

• When it comes to chocolate, try to give yourself some cheats. For instance, eat healthy all week and then on Saturday you can have a few squares of dark chocolate or a few bites of chocolate icecream. Also, when I was doing a lot of weightlifting I loved to make fat free sugar free instant chocolate pudding. It's the one and only time I'll eat fake sugars (it contains aspartame)
    MamaPyratekk

Answer by MamaPyratekk at 9:23 PM on Jul. 1, 2008

• Thankyou. I will definitely have to try those! Come to think of it, Yoplait makes some kinds of yogurt that taste almost like choc. pudding, I will have to do that too.
    merryheart

Answer by merryheart at 10:37 PM on Jul. 1, 2008

• They make 100 calorie packs of chocolate pudding and Weight Watchers makes some really yummy ice cream bars, cups, etc. that are low in calories too!
    aubB06

Answer by aubB06 at 10:48 PM on Jul. 1, 2008

• Char, I agree with DivaMom, your body must be craving calcium. Drink an extra glass of milk in the morning and try low-fat string cheese. But otherwise, try a sugar free pudding. While yogurt is good for you, it doesn't have that same creamy taste and it also has a bite too it, you know....
    RedBluffMommy

Answer by RedBluffMommy at 12:04 PM on Jul. 2, 2008

• You shouldn't have to 'cheat' when it comes to chocolate. Cacao (which they make chocolate from) is one of the healthiest foods on the planet for you. You just have to find the right kind of chocolate. The stuff on the shelves is processed, dutched, dairy, wax, fats, and fillers are added, which then makes it pretty bad for you. If you conusme healthy chocolate, I guarantee you'll curb your cravings, not to mention all the added health benefits you'll get.

eatmorechocolate.shorturl.com
    Jennd317

Answer by Jennd317 at 3:54 PM on Oct. 6, 2008