Am I not the victim here?

You send your children to visit your sister, in a city 200 miles from me, and DSS is called in to remove the children, because of inadequate shelter. Our children were placed in foster homes. Why were my children not returned to me? I have adequate shelter, same job for 12 years. Four months later still trying to det my children out of care.

swetlife4eva

Asked by swetlife4eva at 2:50 PM on Sep. 17, 2010 in Parenting Debate

• because you sent them somewhere where there was not adequate shelter...
    erinwhitt

Answer by erinwhitt at 2:52 PM on Sep. 17, 2010

• That doesn't sound at all right to me........why was your children with her, and why wouldn't they contact you to come get them. The children are also the victim, they don't even know what the hell happened. I'm sorry for all of you and sure would be there getting my children.

zbee

Answer by zbee at 2:53 PM on Sep. 17, 2010

• Yes you are but they are seeing it as child endangerment. Get an attorney and fast! If you have one then you need a better one. BTMO
    agriffinmom4

Answer by agriffinmom4 at 2:53 PM on Sep. 17, 2010

• Yes, you are at fault. You should have know that there was inadequate shelter before you sent you children there. You put your children in danger.

Leigh519121

Answer by Leigh519121 at 2:54 PM on Sep. 17, 2010

• I would be there getting the kids back!!!! U should have known the conditions before they went!!! Why did they go??? U r the mom,act like it and go there and get them back!!! I think there is more to this story then u told us!!
    dancer

Answer by dancer at 2:55 PM on Sep. 17, 2010

• Why would you put them into the situation? Were you just unaware of her living conditions? I would have been concerned about the care of my kids and made sure. :/
    Anna-Chubaby

Answer by Anna-Chubaby at 2:55 PM on Sep. 17, 2010

• The law sees you as responsible to protect your children. The judge see's it as t's your job to make sure if you are sending your kids somewhere it's appropriate. Also, there has to be more to this story. CPS doesn't keep kids out of a home for 4 months over something so simple. Were your kids injured? Did something happen? How did CPS catch wind of all this?
    Musicmom80

Answer by Musicmom80 at 2:58 PM on Sep. 17, 2010

• Oh yeah, by the way, you are only a victim if you choose to be one. I think you should try really hard to take responsibility of your part in this. Judges hear the same"victim' thing day in day out and are pretty unsympathetic to it. They are more likely to be on your side if you don't play the victim and fix this.
    Musicmom80

Answer by Musicmom80 at 3:00 PM on Sep. 17, 2010

• question does really explain why children taken
    inadequate shelter= what does not mean exactly?
    fiatpax

Answer by fiatpax at 3:00 PM on Sep. 17, 2010

• I think you need to take personal responsibility here, why on earth did you send your children 200 miles away without knowing what kind of conditions they would be staying in. How did they get there, you could have taken them and made sure everything was adaquate before you sent them. You are responsible for those childrens welfare whether they are with you or someone else, becuase it is your duty to make sure that the person you are sending them with is fit to care for them, sounds like that was not the case. I am sorry that they were taken away, and I think you need a lawyer, but really you are at fault here.
    -LovingMamma-

Answer by -LovingMamma- at 3:06 PM on Sep. 17, 2010