can i hurt the baby?

if i do heavylifting at 5 months pregnant can i hurt my baby or effect it at all??

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:51 AM on Oct. 18, 2008 in Pregnancy

• Yes! To much Lifting and work, can tear the sack the baby is in from the uterine wall.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:02 AM on Oct. 18, 2008

• YOU COULD POSSIBLY LOOSE THE BABY FROM MY UNDERSTANDING. CALL YOUR DR. TO BE SURE, BUT I THOUGHT YOU SHOULDN'T LIFT OVER 25 POUNDS. I MAY BE WRONG SO DON'T LET ME FREAK YOU OUT.
    myboogiewoogie

Answer by myboogiewoogie at 11:02 AM on Oct. 18, 2008

• Meh, if you lift something the wrong way or you lift something that's horribly heavy, sure, I guess you could hurt the baby. I'm a medical anomaly or something though, because I lifted heavy things every day right up until I stopped working and my baby is perfectly fine. I'm 7.5 months and I haven't had a single problem. I'm a big girl though, so maybe it all depends on how you're built.
    caitxrawks

Answer by caitxrawks at 11:17 AM on Oct. 18, 2008

• I heard it can cause a lot of problems... in pregnancy you should plan on NOT lifting more than 25 lbs ever....
    AshJoe05

Answer by AshJoe05 at 11:26 AM on Oct. 18, 2008