help! my kitty is using the living room carpet as a litter box!

So, what do you do when your kitty decides that the living room carpet is preferable to the litter box? mine just decided, out of the blue.

kirstenjoy

Asked by kirstenjoy at 10:56 AM on Oct. 18, 2008 in Pets

• I would take kitty to the vet. A lot of times if they start peeing out of their box there is something wrong (a UTI or bladder infection). They also do it for behavior reasons like if the litter box is dirty, if you've changed litter or food recently, or if its a boy is he starting to spray? Egh...how awful!!
    kabbot01

Answer by kabbot01 at 10:58 AM on Oct. 18, 2008

• my cats started using another spot rather then the cat box and put pepper down. they don't go there anymore and have not found any other spots yet....that is one of the reason i really don't like cats but i love them to much to be without them. i just wish they were out door cats.
    melody77

Answer by melody77 at 2:10 PM on Oct. 18, 2008

• My cat started that out of no where once, I took him to the vet and he had a partial urinary blockage. It required surgery because they couldn't relieve it with a cath. If you are going to take him to the vet I would do it soon. My cat's surgery cost me over $600.
    KlousMomi

Answer by KlousMomi at 2:22 PM on Oct. 18, 2008

• My cat had been going just outside the litter pan and we took him to the vet and he had a bladder infection. Best to get it checked out. They are just as painful for them as they are for us.
    ReneeK3

Answer by ReneeK3 at 12:57 PM on Oct. 20, 2008