Some pregnant women tendencies..

I was watching a really old show called "Girls behaving badly" obviously Chelsea Handler was on it before she was anything big or whatever....

Anyways, there was a skit that was making fun of pregnant women who feel just because they are pregnant that other people should do whatever they want...

Do you know anyone like this?

THIS IS JUST FOR FUN - I have been pregnant twice so do not get on this being rude PLEASE. THANKS.

ajc88

Asked by ajc88 at 3:02 PM on Sep. 17, 2010 in Just for Fun

• It gets on my nerves...I am pregnant with our 4th child...when I was pregnant with the first my hubby wouldn't let me do anything for myself at all except take a bath...ugh so annoying then with the other 2 pregnancies he waited until I was about 4 months along to start doing that now I am almost 6 weeks and dreading the "you ain't suppose to be doing that" stage from him...I did it all before I was pregnant I can do it now....Thanks honey for the sweet and caring attitude but dang I can fend for myself, ya know?

But yeah I am very independant and can't stand for anyone to wait on me hand and foot...even when I am so sick or in pain, I will still do it myself....sham on all of the women out there who take the pregnany pampering "too far"
    MamaCortney

Answer by MamaCortney at 4:33 PM on Sep. 17, 2010

• ya i have a friend who thinks her husband should wait on her hand and foot when she is prego. even after 4 times she still thinks it should be this way!
    jennifer588

Answer by jennifer588 at 3:04 PM on Sep. 17, 2010

• yes
    Bugbait

Answer by Bugbait at 3:06 PM on Sep. 17, 2010

• I actually have a friend whose husband has come to all of us and said just because they found out she was pregnant.. that she can lift anything what so ever.. that she can eat pretty much anything she wants but can only drink water... and that we should do anything and everything for her so she can just relax and watch tv all day long... it was really crazy seeing as how when I was pregnant on bedrest at the end of both pregnancies - I was about to go crazy just laying there doing nothing...
    ajc88

Comment by ajc88 (original poster) at 3:08 PM on Sep. 17, 2010

• I want my dh to do whatever I want b/c I am pregnant....alas...he does not fall for it! HAHAHAHAHA!
    mom2twobabes

Answer by mom2twobabes at 3:18 PM on Sep. 17, 2010

• I'm not like that, definately. I am a "Do it myself if I'm able" kind of person.
    I can't say that I have actually met anyone like that. Though I have heard stories of some women who are like that.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 3:29 PM on Sep. 17, 2010

• just because someone is pregnant doesn't make them helpless. i moved at 9 months pregnant and i was in there lifting heavy boxes into the back of the truck and unloading them into the new place. my fiance got pissed off at me saying i should rest but screw that i stayed in fantastic shape cause i worked out my whole pregnancy and i wasn't helpless so i wasn't gonna sit by and not help move
    aliishott2

Answer by aliishott2 at 3:36 PM on Sep. 17, 2010

• to allishot...I feel ya...we moved when I was 8 months pegnant with our youngest daughter...I was right there unloading the truck with the best of them...even though about 3am the next morning I had to go to the ER because I thought it had put me in labor from the strain of a couple of things that I probably shouldn't have been lifting but I had only pulled a muscle in my side....I see pregnant women around all the time that think they are helpless...just the other day I saw a pregnant woman about maybe 22 or 23 years old who just had to have one of the bag boy come out to her car and load her groceries for her and the heaviest thing I saw was a gallon of milk
    MamaCortney

Answer by MamaCortney at 4:38 PM on Sep. 17, 2010

• wow thats pathetic that she wouldn't lift a gallon of milk. i weight lifted all through my pregnancy and did aggressive cardio every day til the day i delivered and none of that hurt me or the baby or put me into labor. in fact my labor didn't even hurt at all and i think it's because i didn't just lie around and i kept my ab muscles strong by exercising them and lifting weights with them up til the day i delivered so they absorbed the contractions and pushed the baby out effortlessly
    aliishott2

Answer by aliishott2 at 4:56 PM on Sep. 17, 2010