Bedtime

Do you have issues getting your kids to go to bed and stay there? If so, what do you do to try and remdy the problem?

My son likes to "sneak" into his sister's room to talk and play after we put them to bed. I am constantly going upstairs and sending him back to his room. They both lose priveleges, and the more I have to get on to them, the more they lose.

QueenMomma2023

Asked by QueenMomma2023 at 3:03 PM on Sep. 17, 2010 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• I can see it being a problem especially on school night. Just try to explain to him that it's not allow because of school and that during Friday and Saturday's it's okay to do that but from Sunday through Thursday is not allowed.
    musicmom08

Answer by musicmom08 at 8:58 PM on Sep. 17, 2010

• Try not to kill the bond they have by punishing them. It's nice they want to be together. Maybe let them talk for an hour or so, what's the harm?
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 3:11 PM on Sep. 17, 2010

• If they need to talk they can do it before bedtime. I'll bet they are doing it just because they know they aren't supposed to. If they are losing privileges and still doing it, it's not enough consequence.
    Biz1985

Answer by Biz1985 at 3:17 PM on Sep. 17, 2010

• I dont see an issue..
    sstepph

Answer by sstepph at 3:45 PM on Sep. 17, 2010

• yeah same issue here I have a boy and girl and the bathroom is jack and jill bath I have to lock the door from one side so they cant sneak into each others room...
    meNmine

Answer by meNmine at 9:35 PM on Sep. 17, 2010

• I bet if they started sharing a room they'd go right to sleep. The real issue is probably more than just wanting to talk. Kids get scared at night. Maybe that is the issue.
    usbornebooksdh

Answer by usbornebooksdh at 9:56 PM on Sep. 17, 2010

• No, mine are tired, so they go to bed.
    Pnukey

Answer by Pnukey at 10:28 PM on Sep. 17, 2010