Reusable Shopping Bags

Be honest! How many of you have the reusable shopping bags...and actually use them?

I have about 10 of them around the house, but I usually forget to take them with me when I go to the store.

Do you have any tips or tricks to remembering to take and use them when you go to the store?

QueenMomma2023

Asked by QueenMomma2023 at 3:06 PM on Sep. 17, 2010 in Shopping

• Maybe try keeping them in the same place as the shopping list, or putting a bold note on the shopping list. I don't know. I'd forget my head if it weren't attached. :)
    Mom2Dano

Answer by Mom2Dano at 4:48 PM on Sep. 19, 2010

• I keep mine in the truck, I still forget them sometimes. I've started keeping a couple in the front seat for quick purchases, and since they are in sight I remember to get more out of the back if I need to.
    toobigfrogs

Answer by toobigfrogs at 3:07 PM on Sep. 17, 2010

• I use them occasionally when I remember. I try to leave them in my car but even then I still forget!
    karenshell

Answer by karenshell at 3:07 PM on Sep. 17, 2010

• I use them at Aldi. You have to! They charge per plastic bag!!!
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 3:08 PM on Sep. 17, 2010

• Like coupons, I forget even like karenshell mentioned - even when I put in the trunk of my car, I still forget. Ugh. lol
    805Therapy.com

Answer by 805Therapy.com at 3:09 PM on Sep. 17, 2010

• I have a few, but I forget them too. What makes me remember them is when the store will discount 5 cents for every bag of your own you use.
    It makes me mad thought when they need to be reminded to do this and also some stores say the bag you bring has to be the ones they sell in their store with their names on them. NOT FAIR.

I must say though, I am amazed at the number of people that take there own bags to our local grocery and also to Trader Joes. I would say it is over 50 per cent.
    tootoobusy

Answer by tootoobusy at 3:10 PM on Sep. 17, 2010

• put them in your car!
    arouthier

Answer by arouthier at 3:06 PM on Sep. 17, 2010

• I usually forget as well. I also have about 10 of them. I do always use them when I go to the library though, and at other times.
    LovingSAHMommy

Answer by LovingSAHMommy at 3:07 PM on Sep. 17, 2010

• I ALWAYS forget them. Someone told me to keep them in the car. It's a good idea, but I always forget that too.
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 3:08 PM on Sep. 17, 2010

• I forget them when I go to the store. I even forget them when I put them inmy car. I forget to take them out. Iuse them on trips and to bring library books to and from th elibrary.
    Bugbait

Answer by Bugbait at 3:08 PM on Sep. 17, 2010