Laundry detergent for infants

I used drift until my son was over one. Now, I use it for my four month old. I have had some older women tell me it wasn't necessary. I just think it is best for my little ones.

What do you use?

ajc88

Asked by ajc88 at 3:12 PM on Sep. 17, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I used Dreft up until my Son was about one. Now I use Arm & Hammer and he is OK with that. He had very sesitive skin so I used the Dreft and washed his clothes seperately from ours too. I was using Purex for our clothes and I went to an OBGYN appt. & asked why I had a bumpy rash on my arms & legs & he said to change your laundry detergent and I did to Arm & Hammer and I haven't had another skin rash since. So if detergents can effect an adult, they can effect a babies skin too. Do what is right for you & don't listen to all the "experts" who tell you differently!
    ILovemyPaulie

Answer by ILovemyPaulie at 3:19 PM on Sep. 17, 2010

• It's not necessary. I always just used regular detergent.
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 3:14 PM on Sep. 17, 2010

• I used what I used for the rest of the family. that older women was right. Unless your kids have some sort of allergy to regular detergent. It is not necessary.

Answer by louise2 at 3:15 PM on Sep. 17, 2010

• Www use Charlie soap for all our family laundry. It is great for cloth diapers. We do everything in it-- DH is Sensitive too.
    ecodani

Answer by ecodani at 3:19 PM on Sep. 17, 2010

• I WAS USING THE PUREX AS WELL AND IT BROKE ME OUT AND I HAVE NEVER BEEN LIKE THAT BEFORE AND FOR THE LONGEST TIME I WAS LIKE WTF AND WE SWITCHED TO "ALL" AND IT WAS GONE
    agriffinmom4

Answer by agriffinmom4 at 3:30 PM on Sep. 17, 2010

• I love Purex Baby. It's like 1/3 of the price of Dreft, and I think it's better.
    LovingSAHMommy

Answer by LovingSAHMommy at 3:13 PM on Sep. 17, 2010

• IT IS YOUR CHOICE WHAT YOU CHOOSE TO USE. I WOULD NOT CHANGE IT NOW THOUGH CAUSE THEIR SKIN WOULD NOT BE USED TO THE CHEMICALS IN THE REGULAR WASH IF YOU REALLY WANT TO SWITCH GO TO THE GREAT NEW FREE AND CLEAR ONES.
    agriffinmom4

Answer by agriffinmom4 at 3:14 PM on Sep. 17, 2010

• I use All detergent for everyone in the house. I get the Free of everything one. My husband and daughter have sensitive skin so I can't use anything with perfumes or scents. I use dreft as I got it as a shower gift but it isn't necessary to use. I do love the Dreft stain remover!
    mommytobrooke

Answer by mommytobrooke at 3:14 PM on Sep. 17, 2010

• Oops sorry about spelling dreft/ drift wrong - I am holding my little one at the same time lol - and I haven't ever seen that! I will look for it! Thanks LovingSAHMommy!
    ajc88

Comment by ajc88 (original poster) at 3:14 PM on Sep. 17, 2010

• Oh okay - I have just been super protective with both of my boys since they were both preemies.. and I didn't know what the NICU was using.. thanks everyone =]
    ajc88

Comment by ajc88 (original poster) at 3:16 PM on Sep. 17, 2010