2 year old,fever and mosquito bites.

Yesterday evening we was outside workin on the yard, the mosquitos were pretty bad but i didnt think they would bite my daughter so many times. when we went inside i saw that she got bitten several times and they were red and kind of swollen, last night i woke up to check on her and she had fever and the bites were more red. she had a low grade 100 degrees. So we got up i gave her a pop cycle, some tylenol and we went back to sleep today she still has low grade and ive gave her tylenol. is this normal?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:19 PM on Sep. 17, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• If she is not acting sick, you should not worry about it. Put some witch hazel on it an leave it(the bites) alone.

Answer by louise2 at 3:22 PM on Sep. 17, 2010

• I've never heard of misquote bites being related to a fever. I would call her ped. and maybe try some benedrly to help with the inflammation of the bites.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 3:22 PM on Sep. 17, 2010

• Call the doctor. She may have gotten some illness from the mosquitos. Or it might be something totally unrelated.
    HotMama330

Answer by HotMama330 at 5:55 PM on Sep. 17, 2010

• I would say that since the fever came so soon after the bites it was unrelated, but I would still call the Dr. It may be something other than mosquito bites.
    jasonsmommom

Answer by jasonsmommom at 6:01 PM on Sep. 17, 2010