Stupid question alert! Well, at least naive... adult content

Where do you go to by a douche? Like what isle is it on? And how do you know which one to get? Are they all the same? I want to start using one after my period because I will have this nasty brown discharge off and on for a week after I;m done so I though maybe I could clean it out.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:20 PM on Sep. 17, 2010 in Health

• Refresh is really good to use after your periods and sexual intercourse. It helps maintain the pH levels. It isn't exactly a douche.

Douche is actually bad for you. It can throw off your pH levels and such.

But you can find douche and Refresh normally next to the condoms and feminine products.
    xxlilmomma09

Answer by xxlilmomma09 at 3:24 PM on Sep. 17, 2010

• UM THEY SAY NOT TO USE A DOUCHE CAUSE IT CAN FORCE INFECTIONS IN YOUR CERVIX. JUST USE YOUR FINGER TO WIPE IT OUT I MEAN NOT LIKE YOU ARE A VIRGINA AND YOU ARE NOT FORCING THE BACTERIA UP IN THERE.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:22 PM on Sep. 17, 2010

• My doctor told me douching was bad! i dont do it no more!!
    yamil519

Answer by yamil519 at 3:26 PM on Sep. 17, 2010

• I've never used or bought one, but I'm assuming they're in the aisle with the tampons and pads. I've always heard they can be bad for you. That brown discharge is probably just old blood.
    LovingSAHMommy

Answer by LovingSAHMommy at 3:32 PM on Sep. 17, 2010

• Douches mess with the ph balance in your Vajayjay. Causing yeast infections and other problems. LovingSAHMommy is correct in saying it's old blood. For a week or so you have this discharge? I would speak with your gynecologist and see if there's something safer you could do. I typically have this discharge for a day or two after my period giving me about a 10 day period. It's annoyingly long so I can imagine how you feel.
    ainstalshia

Answer by ainstalshia at 4:26 PM on Sep. 17, 2010

• I've never used one myself but I do believe they're sold in the same aisle of the drugstore as the tampons and pads.
    ceallaigh

Answer by ceallaigh at 3:22 PM on Sep. 17, 2010

• VIRGIN**
    Anonymous

• It should be located on the same isle that you buy tampons and pads
    beyondhopes

Answer by beyondhopes at 3:23 PM on Sep. 17, 2010

• I buy the eve brand ! i go to wal-mart.. there are where they sell the pads!!
    yamil519

Answer by yamil519 at 3:23 PM on Sep. 17, 2010

• Yes I have it off and on for a week. I have a lot of discharge in general though. You know the cloudy to clear looking stuff that's really mucous like. Sorry I know that was gross. I just feel nasty all the time. SO when I am done with my actual bleeding I have the brown discharge then it turns clear but for about a week I will have the big brown nasty blobs that come out to. I hate it it's gross. I can feel them come out.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 8:39 AM on Sep. 18, 2010