step MIL

So my step MIL and FIL will be in town soon. They will park their RV on our property for a month. (We have over 10 acres) I've sorta built up a dislike for her (step MIL) over the last year. I realized that she was cheating with my FIL on MIL when they were still married. She has made rude comments about my MIL and told me that my FIL never loved my MIL and is so much happier with her. She makes fun of her and just in general acts like she's better than everyone else. I love my husband's mother very much, she is a very sweet person and just really have NO tolerance anymore for my step MIL. I am really worried I am going to lose it if she says anything at all. And they will be here for a month! It could be ugly. I really don't want to cause a rift. But I can't take it anymore. Would you be quiet or say something?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:21 PM on Sep. 17, 2010 in Relationships

• Tell her that she's talking about your husband's MOTHER, and that you'd appreciate it if she didn't talk smack about her. Don't necessarily get into it to defend her, but just cut her off the minute she brings her up. If that doesn't work, have a talk with your FIL about it, or have your hubby have the conversation.
    My step-mom is a raging bitch; I cannot IMAGINE being stuck with her and my dad for a month! MY sympathies!!
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 3:29 PM on Sep. 17, 2010

• Well if it were me I would tell my hubs that I have a problem with step-mom and I won't put up with her (step's) rude comments or attitude. I would ask him to talk to his dad and let both of them (dad/step) know that IF they plan to say on our land, she had better watch the attitude, rudeness and comments because it will not be tolerated.

MizLee

Answer by MizLee at 3:29 PM on Sep. 17, 2010