What is the best way to start saving up money?

ajc88

Asked by ajc88 at 3:29 PM on Sep. 17, 2010 in Money & Work

• Take all of your change and put it somewhere you won't see it everyday, like the top of your closet. When you break a bill, don't use the change... save it.

I did that and had $328 by the end of one month.

Also put back $5 or $10 or so that you won't notice from each paycheck and don't touch it. If you have direct deposit at work you can have that amount that you won't miss sent to a secondary savings account.
    Memigen

Answer by Memigen at 3:33 PM on Sep. 17, 2010

• Pay your bills, buy food , gas for the car, then deside how much you want to save out of the rest. then put it in a savings account. That is how we do it.

Answer by louise2 at 3:32 PM on Sep. 17, 2010

• PUT LIKE 10 A CHECK AWAY OR MORE WHAT YOUR CHOICE IS LOL GL WE HAVE TROUBLE SAVING MONEY CAUSE WE SPEND IT ON DIAPERS AND WHAT NOT LOL BUS FAIR ETC.
    agriffinmom4

Answer by agriffinmom4 at 3:32 PM on Sep. 17, 2010

• Pay yourself first.
    FootballMom85

Answer by FootballMom85 at 3:33 PM on Sep. 17, 2010

• Well if you have job with a company that has 401K use that to your advantage.
    I also put away $100 a paycheck into a savings account and all change goes in a change jar.
    Budgeting helps too, you can look at the past couple months to see where you are spending the majority of your money each month and figure out ways to cut back on that spending so you can save more.
    blessedwboysx3

Answer by blessedwboysx3 at 4:29 PM on Sep. 17, 2010

• I opened an ING savings account. It's a strictly online bank so it's outta sight outta mind. I started putting a little each payday, like 30 dollars. You set up auto drafts from it so it will take the money on what ever days you like automatically. Then i just slowly started to increase the amount. When I would get extra money from overtime or taxes, i would transfer that in there also. Didn't take long for me to have a pretty stable emergency fund!
    MissAlisabeth

Answer by MissAlisabeth at 5:24 PM on Sep. 17, 2010

• Put your change in a jar ie you buy something for 1.49 you put 0.51 in a jar and save a little at a time it soon adds up or pick one particular coin and save only that in a jar again little at a time but adds up
    pinkminx

Answer by pinkminx at 3:51 PM on Sep. 17, 2010

• Keep a daily log of all your purchases. Each time you buy something write it down. Then at ight update your money managemet software to copare. I use Microsoft money. It shows me where my money is going and tells me how much I spen monthly and anually. If you have long term or short term goals it can help you plan out how much is need to be saved weekly, monthly etc to reach your goal.

Also if your are working, PAY YOURSELF FIRST!!! at least 10% of your entire check. Put it away on a 401K, or 403B so you can't touch it

HAPPY SAVING!!
    blackqueen918

Answer by blackqueen918 at 5:09 PM on Sep. 17, 2010

• No how much money is going out and how much is coming in. Cutting out needless things. Using coupons and taking advantage of sales. Don't make impulse purchases.
    HotMama330

Answer by HotMama330 at 5:14 PM on Sep. 17, 2010

• Don't buy things you don't need just buy the nessasary items
    jessesmama22

Answer by jessesmama22 at 5:26 PM on Sep. 17, 2010