Do you have regular nightmares, with similar themes? What do you think it might mean?

805Therapy.com

Asked by 805Therapy.com at 3:32 PM on Sep. 17, 2010 in Health

• I DO AND THEY ARE SUPPOSED TO BE RETURNS OF PREVIOUS ASSAULTS THAT HAS HAPPENED TO ME EITHER THAT OR IT IS CAUSE OF A MOVIE OR T.V SHOW YOU HAVE SEEN LOL
    THEY SAY THAT A DREAM/NIGHTMARE IS FROM YOUR BRAIN PROCESSING WHAT YOUR DAY OR LIFE IS LIKE AND IT IS TRYING TO MAKE SENSE OF IT.
    agriffinmom4

Answer by agriffinmom4 at 3:34 PM on Sep. 17, 2010

• For some reason my ex husband appears in a lot of my dreams. Usually when I'm having trouble with the husband I have now. We are getting divorced also. I had a dream recently that I was going through divorce again with my first husband, but it also included things that are happening now. In the same dream I had my 'ol blue 1966 Mustang back and was driving around in it. I have recurring dreams with cars too which is because I have been interested in cars for a long time.

For years I had dreams about my friend that died in 1995 from meningitis. I woud see her somewhere in the dream and I'd ask her "What are you doing here? You're supposed to be dead!" She used to joke that she was going to haunt me in my dreams, LOL.
    FroggyFeet

Answer by FroggyFeet at 3:40 PM on Sep. 17, 2010

• I have had episodes of dreams with the same theme. When I was 16 every night for 2 weeks I kept dreaming that I was drowning and I would sometimes wake up with the blankets and sheets around my neck. I started to freak out a liitle bit wondering if I was losing my mind or if there was a poltergeist in my house. So I found a book that interperted common themes in dreams. Drowning was a sudden loss of a large some of money or material object. A few days later I got my first car- we took it to get plates and on my way home a lady pulled out in front of me I was going 40mph and barely had time to take my foot of the gas when I hit her. The car was totaled and in panic during the wreck I went to cover my face and my arm was right in front of the air bag when it deployed. It didn't break but I was bruised pretty bad. I don't take recurring dreams lightly anymore...
    ainstalshia

Answer by ainstalshia at 4:19 PM on Sep. 17, 2010