What Kind Of Poop?

My dh and I tried to grow hot peppers this year. Something ate the plants and the peppers. M+Next to the remains of the plants were these poops that looked like blackberries. What could have made that kind of poop?

Bugbait

Asked by Bugbait at 3:32 PM on Sep. 17, 2010 in Home & Garden

• rabbits
    Roadfamily6now

Answer by Roadfamily6now at 3:36 PM on Sep. 17, 2010

• It was a caterpillar, probably a sphynx moth caterpillar. Does the poop look like a large animal ate it, or does it look like something small....like huge caterpillar poop? Sphynx moth caterpillars tries eating my tomatoes, leaves & fruit. They will demolish a whole plant in a day if you don't get them off. Many people kill them, but i just bring it far away from my tomatoes. The moths are too pretty to kill when they are massive baby caterpillars.

You can tell it's a caterpillar by the black droppings they leave around the plant. They're bright green & can be hard to spot sometimes. I took a pic of the few i found.

samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 3:40 PM on Sep. 17, 2010

• yes, it could also be rabbits yoo....although they have more of a pellet like poop.
    samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 3:41 PM on Sep. 17, 2010

• ya, can't spell today...
    samurai_chica

• racoons.....we have them in our yard at night. Their poop looks like clusters of black berries.

slw123

Answer by slw123 at 4:23 PM on Sep. 17, 2010