how do i get ME TIME

i have a three year old daughter and she is my whole world ........but...............im a single mother and i cant really affored daycare she wakes up around 8 am same as me but dosent want to go to bed untill 11 pm and i have to bring her to work with me since i have no sitter even when i go to the bathroom or go take a shower she comes and as much as i love her she is driveing me crazy i swear i havent even had time to shave or even time to <

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:42 PM on Sep. 17, 2010 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• You should work on getting her on a better sleep schedule... 11pm is pretty late for a 3 year old..is she taking a nap to want to go to bed that late? Have you looked into preschool or headstart? They usually have programs that will help you pay for them making it free or cheap. Find a playgroup so that you can have adult interaction and she is getting socialization with kids her age. I have a 3 year old daughter as well,she wakes up around 7:30am and goes to bed at 8:30pm on weekdays. She likes to stick to me during the day but sometimes when I need a few minutes I will sit her down with something quiet to do (coloring,playdoh, even a cartoon on occasion) just for my sanity. If you have friends and family close by ask them to watch her for you while you do errands or trade babysitting with a friend, you babysit for them one evening and then they do it for you.
    foxracing43701

Answer by foxracing43701 at 3:51 PM on Sep. 17, 2010

• I suggest putting yourself first for a change. We all need "me time", include something you enjoy or that feels like play. Yes, adults need play :)

Best wishes
    805Therapy.com

Answer by 805Therapy.com at 4:03 PM on Sep. 17, 2010

• You NEED to find a sitter and get away. That's the only way it's gonna happen.

Answer by gdiamante at 3:43 PM on Sep. 17, 2010

• 11pm? Why is she up so late? Hire a sitter or apply for CCIS for preschool.
    MLM0503

Answer by MLM0503 at 3:47 PM on Sep. 17, 2010

• well how do i find a sitter i moved across country where i have no family
    cielo1

Answer by cielo1 at 3:50 PM on Sep. 17, 2010

• she dosent take naps if i let her take a nap she will be up all night
    cielo1

Answer by cielo1 at 3:53 PM on Sep. 17, 2010

• Oh Boy! Momma, my heart goes out to you! My Son is 3 and I have always made nap time a priority so I get time to collect my thoughts. I think I would go batty other wise! I have no one to watch my Son either. But I think you are going to have to find a way for someone to watch her at least an hour every few days. You really need it. Good luck :)
    ILovemyPaulie

Answer by ILovemyPaulie at 3:54 PM on Sep. 17, 2010

• propping her in front of the tv wont get her sleepy. when its evening time go outside and play with her make her run get a ball and kick it to her or turn on some music at home and dance get her tired feed her, give her a warm bath and put her to sleep you are going to have to get her on a schedule be firm and loving but unless you want her to hang out with you all hours of the night i suggest you put on that mommy hat and go !!!!! good luck
    sunflower39346

Answer by sunflower39346 at 3:58 PM on Sep. 17, 2010

• I stay sane by staying up for an hour after my kids are asleep...hubby goes to bed quite early too because of his having to get up early and head to work...I take this hour+ to enjoy the peace and protect my santity...I chill in front of the TV, play games or chill on the computer, take a nice bath and pamper myself, or whatever I feel like doing...This is my "me time"
    MamaCortney

Answer by MamaCortney at 7:46 PM on Sep. 17, 2010

• Btw my youngest is 3 also, all 3 of my girls (oldest 9) are in bed and asleep by 9pm during the week and most weekend days...and I have been there all of mine are in school now with the youngest in preschool...before I paidfor a sitter I would def. check into any and all government programs for daycare. Then I would work on a sleep schedule for her to go to bed earlier.
    MamaCortney

Answer by MamaCortney at 7:54 PM on Sep. 17, 2010