How often... adult content

On average, do people get pregnant the first time they have sex? Or in one night?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:51 PM on Sep. 17, 2010 in Relationships

• One of my bff's got pregnant the first time she had sex. Another friend got pregnant on a one night stand. It happens. Then there are also women that take years of trying everything to get prgnant and they can't. It all depends on the individual woman and her cycle and when you have sex....use birth control and the chances go WAY down.
    Carajust

Answer by Carajust at 9:08 PM on Sep. 17, 2010

• It all depends on where in the cycle you are. . . if you are nowhere near ovulation, you are probably not pregnant.
    ImaginationMama

Answer by ImaginationMama at 3:55 PM on Sep. 17, 2010

• Well, you have heard of people getting pregnant after a one night stand, right? So, anything is possible.
    JGRIMMER

Answer by JGRIMMER at 4:08 PM on Sep. 17, 2010

• I don't know how often the general public does, but I got pregnant with my son the first time we tried. Of course, I knew I was ovulating, so that helped.
    MeandMyBabes

Answer by MeandMyBabes at 4:07 PM on Sep. 17, 2010

• A lot of it will depend on how fertile you are, too. The women in my family don't conceive easily so for us the likelyhood of that happening would be zero. For someone who is very fertile, though, yes, I suppose it could.
    HotMama330

Answer by HotMama330 at 4:57 PM on Sep. 17, 2010

• both
    jessesmama22

Answer by jessesmama22 at 5:24 PM on Sep. 17, 2010