Hire a cleaning person? Would you?

Let's say you and hubby work, and you have the means to hire one. Or if you're a single parent working or going to college full time (heck, even both!). I'm not applying this to a SAHM because I think it's their job to make sure that the house is kept up.

Nanixh

Asked by Nanixh at 3:55 PM on Sep. 17, 2010 in Home & Garden

• In a heartbeat. I hate to clean and so does DH. If we could afford to have someone to come in and do it, we wouldn't think twice.
    thatgirl70

Answer by thatgirl70 at 4:14 PM on Sep. 17, 2010

• "I'm not applying this to a SAHM because I think it's their job to make sure that the house is kept up".

That is a little insulting I have to say! I worked for many many years outside my home and had just weekends and cleaning then was easier then cleaning now with a toddler under your feet. So Whatever.............
    ILovemyPaulie

Answer by ILovemyPaulie at 4:01 PM on Sep. 17, 2010

• I am currently a SAHM and as soon as DH is back to work we will be looking for a new cleaning lady... Why should I waste time I could be with my kids or doing other work cleaning the house when I can pay someone else to do it? I worked as a cleaning lady and the majority of the houses we did were SAH or WAH moms...

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 4:01 PM on Sep. 17, 2010

• Absolutely. I have one come to clean every 2 months, for the bigger jobs. Would have it more often if money grew on trees :)
    805Therapy.com

Answer by 805Therapy.com at 4:04 PM on Sep. 17, 2010

• hell yea I would, if I had the $$
    peanutsmommy1

Answer by peanutsmommy1 at 3:56 PM on Sep. 17, 2010

• You bet your bottom dollar!
    JGRIMMER

Answer by JGRIMMER at 3:56 PM on Sep. 17, 2010

• If I had the money even if I was a stay at home Mom I would hire one. If I had to spend less time cleaning that is more time spent with the kids.
    Melbornj

Answer by Melbornj at 3:58 PM on Sep. 17, 2010

• I am a SAHM and used to be a working Mom and I have always had a cleaning lady. Not for every week but she comes every 4-6 weeks to do a thorough cleaning. We live in an over 3600sqft home with 6bdrms/4 full baths with a gym and an office, if we lived in an apartment or a lot smaller house then I may not have one. When I did work and lived in a lot smaller home it was so much easier to keep up and had a lot less to do since no one was home to mess it up during the week. It is more work to be a SAHM, I know from experience since I did for well over 10 years.
    Congenial

Answer by Congenial at 5:13 PM on Sep. 17, 2010

• Yes I would. And even if I was a SAHM I think they deserve a break too. They should hire one to come in once a week to lighten the load.
    Lifes-A-Dance

Answer by Lifes-A-Dance at 11:04 PM on Sep. 17, 2010

• yes yes yes!
    Roadfamily6now

Answer by Roadfamily6now at 3:58 PM on Sep. 17, 2010