9 mo old sick

DD has been sick for about three days now. So far she has just had a runny nose and some congestion. But this morning she had a 101 degree fever so I called her ped. and he said to bring her in. Of course by the time I get there the fever is normal. he said she just had a cold and to keep giving her tylenol for the fever. She just wants to sleep alll day, which I've been letting her do because I know she doesn't feel good. But what else can I do for her?? She's just soo fussy.

jedwards2009

Asked by jedwards2009 at 4:01 PM on Sep. 17, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Alternate the tylenol and motrin, I give LO motrin at bed time because it last longer, just make sure she eats first. Also you can make a lil sauna in the bathroom and steam with her.
    DonnaPinitonya

Answer by DonnaPinitonya at 4:03 PM on Sep. 17, 2010

• Definitely the steaming helps so much. Just think what makes you feel good when you have a copl. Lots of sleep, maybe turn lights down just a notch, keep the loud noises down a lil more than usual, include some activity time when she does seem toperk up, a littl tummy time with a stuffed animal can help lighten the mood for both of you. Mostly you just have to wait it out. Sorry Momma, hope she feels better soon.
    GoldenLinds

Answer by GoldenLinds at 4:11 PM on Sep. 17, 2010

• Oh, it is so hard when our babies are sick. It islawys makes me cry :( I always sleep next to my little ones when they are ill.
    ImaginationMama

Answer by ImaginationMama at 4:13 PM on Sep. 17, 2010

• Awww, poor little thing :( Keep her head elevated so the stuffy nose drains. I fold a thick blanket so there is a puffy part at the top and I lay my son with his head elevated. It's safer than a pillow. I don't remember if she is too young for baby motrin, but that is what I give my Son at bedtime and he sleeps like a rock when he's sick. I also used saline spray to remove the stuffed up nose too. Hope she feels better soon. You just have to wait it out :(
    ILovemyPaulie

Answer by ILovemyPaulie at 4:19 PM on Sep. 17, 2010

• Some times just your touch and holding will help to comfort but you just have to wait or call the doctor
    jessesmama22

Answer by jessesmama22 at 7:26 PM on Sep. 17, 2010