Did you ever have discomfort or slight pain on only one side with normal pregnancy?

I'm trying to tell myself it is not ectopic, but I have an ultrasound on Monday to be sure. I've had one in the past and had one healthy pregnancy after that. I'm currently probably around 5 weeks and they aren't sure if it is ectopic or normal yet. I had the blood test done and it was somewhat good news, however I've had this cramping on my left side every so often and today it was a little worse. It is so hard waiting till Monday to know for sure. I want to be excited, but trying not to get my hopes up just in case it is bad news. Just curious if you have any side pain and had a healthy pregnancy.

moviemom22

Asked by moviemom22 at 4:21 PM on Sep. 17, 2010 in Pregnancy

• Yes I believe so. I think there's actually a name for that, but I can't remember for sure. Good luck to you, I hope everything works out for you.
    thatgirl70

Answer by thatgirl70 at 4:24 PM on Sep. 17, 2010

• I think you are ok...its probably ligament pain stretching for your growing uterus.

If you were hving a ectopic or miscarriage it would not be slight cramping...it is usually pretty painful and accompanied by bleeding.
    mom2twobabes

Answer by mom2twobabes at 4:25 PM on Sep. 17, 2010

• Oh and by the way...I am 19 weeks and STILL feel that stretching pain...it can make you catch your breath sometimes..

It will get worse as you get bigger. :)

And also...you can have cramping pain around the time you SHOULD be having your period!
    mom2twobabes

Answer by mom2twobabes at 4:27 PM on Sep. 17, 2010

• yes at the beginning of my preg. hope ever thing works out for you.

cat708

Answer by cat708 at 4:28 PM on Sep. 17, 2010

• it could be a cyst. when i went o have my ultrasound at 8 weeks the doc asked me if was experiencing any pain b/c of it, but i did not even know they were there. my mom also said when she was preggo with me she them and they were very painful for her.
    drdavenport

Answer by drdavenport at 6:29 PM on Sep. 17, 2010

• Thank goodness. I just had an ultrasound and found out it is not ectopic. They could see the sac in my uterus, so they said in the next couple weeks they should be able to see more. Baby #2 on the way!
    moviemom22

Comment by moviemom22 (original poster) at 12:37 PM on Sep. 21, 2010