i had my son 10 weeks ago and im on the patch for bc i had an accident (if thats what u wanna call it ) i got plan b and im suppose to get my period on sunday cause its my last patch is there a chance i can still be preggers even tho i took plan b before the 72 hr mark i bough it the next day after my little oops happend lol

nikkiandtommy

Asked by nikkiandtommy at 4:22 PM on Sep. 17, 2010 in Health

• I dont understand why the patch isn't enough? Why did you feel you needed plan b and the patch?

Anyway YES it is possible to still be pregnant because you could have already ovulated and the plan b will not terminate a fertilized egg...so you could have already ovulated before you took the pill, thus possibly being pregnant.

but i doubt you are with the patch too...but ive never done the patch so i know nothing about it.
    anikahaynes1

Answer by anikahaynes1 at 4:24 PM on Sep. 17, 2010

• Yes. I think the Plan B is only like 87% successful and if the egg and sperm met before the dosage was given, it wouldn't end a pregnancy.

Good luck!
    zava_t

Answer by zava_t at 4:25 PM on Sep. 17, 2010

• i bought it the day after me and my husband has sex unprotected . im freaking out because i cant afford another baby thats why i bought the plan b ive only been on the patch for 3 weeks = (
    nikkiandtommy

Comment by nikkiandtommy (original poster) at 4:27 PM on Sep. 17, 2010

• It says right there on the package, it will not terminate an existing pregnancy...anikahanes, the patch has failed MANY women. If they gain weight or are even slightly overweight there is not enough hormone in the patch to sustain infertility.
    Musicmom80

Answer by Musicmom80 at 4:27 PM on Sep. 17, 2010

• i wasent pregnant when we did it i bought the pill the next day after it happened and he pulled out so im praying im not i feel so stupid and i would love to slap my husband cause he kinda pressured me into it i felt bad leaving him unfinished if u know what i mean
    nikkiandtommy

Comment by nikkiandtommy (original poster) at 4:31 PM on Sep. 17, 2010

• It's unlikely, but there is always a chance.

RyansMom001

Answer by RyansMom001 at 4:35 PM on Sep. 17, 2010

• Sadly there is always a chance of pregnancy no matter what you do (my oldest was conceived with a Trojan condom and birth control). I would continue your birth control as normal (if you have access to them - I know you said it was your last patch and I'm not sure how those work) and then if you miss a cycle go ahead and stop and get tested.

I would think you would be fine though. :)

Good luck!
    Memigen

Answer by Memigen at 4:36 PM on Sep. 17, 2010

• thank you guys i feel so stupid = (
    nikkiandtommy

Comment by nikkiandtommy (original poster) at 4:36 PM on Sep. 17, 2010

• You probably haven' regulated your period yet. I didn't get one for 5 mos this last time. And 24 hours is plenty of time to get pregnant before taking plan B.
    Musicmom80

Answer by Musicmom80 at 4:37 PM on Sep. 17, 2010

• don't feel stupid! I didn't know that bc pills expired even if they were brand new in the package, sealed! lol
    Musicmom80

Answer by Musicmom80 at 4:38 PM on Sep. 17, 2010