Rembering Past Holloweens

Did you always as a child have one house that you always had to get to and liked the best? We had one, actually my best friends, they always had a dunking for apples and gave us apple cidar. Wow that was like sooooooooooo long ago. Now it's what house do I have to worry about in some areas.

MyAngel003

Asked by MyAngel003 at 4:22 PM on Sep. 17, 2010 in Holidays

• When I was in elementary school, I was always invited to a fellow classmates house. They did a big haunted house, a scary hay ride down their dirt road and in the woods behind their house. One year I almost got taken out on the hay ride by a guy dressed up like Jason Vorhees that jumped out at us. It was always a fun time. I would love to do something like that for my daughter and her fellow classmates when she starts school.
    poptart0325

Answer by poptart0325 at 3:55 PM on Sep. 19, 2010

• No we moved too much for that. There's one in the town we go trick or treating in with my niece that go all out. They sell food, drinks, and have their garage, backyard, and side yard decorated as a haunted house.
    Ginger0104

Answer by Ginger0104 at 4:25 PM on Sep. 17, 2010

• Yes. There was a couple in my neighborhood who owned a candy company. They gave sooo much. Literally, they probably gave what would cost $10 in the store worth of candy to each kid. Plus, it wasn't the regular candy you get, it was all kinds of cool stuff.
    LovingSAHMommy

Answer by LovingSAHMommy at 4:25 PM on Sep. 17, 2010

• I also moved around too much. Every year I trick or treated somewhere else.
    ashisamom

Answer by ashisamom at 4:27 PM on Sep. 17, 2010

• Yes, there was an older couple up the street who would always invite us in for hot cocoa and homemade popcorn balls, it was usually cold on Halloween and we would go there about halfway through our rounds to sit by the fire and warm up. I'd be terrified to let my kids do that now, so sad.
    elasmimi

Answer by elasmimi at 11:37 PM on Sep. 17, 2010

• WOW, I need a dictionary. Sorry .
    MyAngel003

Comment by MyAngel003 (original poster) at 4:23 PM on Sep. 17, 2010

• i went to 18 different schools between k and 12th...so i never had a chance but now there is a place across the street that sets up a haunted house and has 10 or more people dressed up outside it and inside that are trully wonderful actors (they are from the local community college drama club).
    wildwiccan83

Answer by wildwiccan83 at 4:33 PM on Sep. 17, 2010

• yes
    regian19832002

Answer by regian19832002 at 12:48 AM on Sep. 18, 2010