This is embarrassing! Am I going to get sick!? Be nice, I'm really embarrrassed. adult content

So I have had really bad stomach issues lately. It was so bad that I couldn't get to the bathroom in time....ugh. Anyway, it was everywhere down there. Inside my vagina and on the outside. I cleaned up as best I could, but I'm worried if I could get an infection from it, or if there is anything I can do to prevent it.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:24 PM on Sep. 17, 2010 in Health

• Strictly speaking , yes, the presence of fecal matter in the vagina can produce an infection. Not a particularly serious one, but enough so you dont really want to make a practice of it. A douche may help clean any remaining bacteria. I would not stress too much though. The vagina itself has the amazing ability to push things out, not back in. It has self-cleaning properties, if you will. YOu are probably fine, but if it would make you feel cleaner (and it might) then use a douche and take a long bath when you get home!

Good luck!
    WyndenSkie

Answer by WyndenSkie at 4:31 PM on Sep. 17, 2010

• As long as you cleaned up well you should be fine. Little baby girls get poop everywhere when they are still in diapers and they don't get sick.
    Leigh519121

Answer by Leigh519121 at 4:27 PM on Sep. 17, 2010

• You'll most likely be totally fine. Try not to worry.
    LovingSAHMommy

Answer by LovingSAHMommy at 4:26 PM on Sep. 17, 2010

• You should be fine as long as you cleaned it all up. It might cause some minor irritation but it shouldn't cause any infection unless it went into your urethra and then you may contract a UTI. Good luck! It has happened to me before.
    ashisamom

Answer by ashisamom at 4:27 PM on Sep. 17, 2010

• As long as you cleaned up- and you get a bath or shower as soon as you can, I wouldnt worry too much. Hope your tummy gets better soon.
    mrsmom110

Answer by mrsmom110 at 4:27 PM on Sep. 17, 2010

• Hop in a warm bath for just a short while. Everything will be fine. You are not alone, this happens some times. Hugs....
    LeJane

Answer by LeJane at 4:28 PM on Sep. 17, 2010

• ugh, thank you! I can't believe this happened!
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 4:28 PM on Sep. 17, 2010

• I think you'll be fine but maybe a good hot shower would help insure you don't get a bladder infection. The #1 bacteria that causes UTI's (bladder infections) is E.coli which is naturally found in your colon-hence your bowel movements.
    ainstalshia

Answer by ainstalshia at 4:29 PM on Sep. 17, 2010

• you should be fine since you cleaned up but you can always take a long vinegar bath to help it out, or if you have a sitz tup use it.
    wildwiccan83

Answer by wildwiccan83 at 4:30 PM on Sep. 17, 2010

• No you should be fine.Make sure you clean your down their areas very well.

It would be just like when a baby girl happens to them. It happens to the best of us.
    sstepph

Answer by sstepph at 4:30 PM on Sep. 17, 2010