losing hair while pregnant..is this normal?

im only about 8 week along but my hair is falling out like crazy..idk if this is normal or not.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:31 AM on Oct. 18, 2008 in Pregnancy

• Is it just in the shower or all the time?
    Imogine

Answer by Imogine at 11:32 AM on Oct. 18, 2008

• Very normal. Unfortunately for me my daughter is almost 2 and its still falling out!
    Steph319

Answer by Steph319 at 11:33 AM on Oct. 18, 2008

• it's all the time..like when i brush it, take my ponytail holder out or run my fingers through it and in the shower also.
    sarrrr13

Answer by sarrrr13 at 11:35 AM on Oct. 18, 2008

• your hormones are going crazy right now.... if you are really worried about it, or if your hair seems to be getting thiner, i would def. talk to your doctor,,, they might be able to give you something to even out some of the hormones
    BabyBugsmama

Answer by BabyBugsmama at 11:47 AM on Oct. 18, 2008

• my hair is falling out and i have really thick hair so i am not to worried about it... just try using a stregnthing shampoo and conditioner... i did use sauve and it fell out more and now i use pantene and its not as much but it still is coming out... its stress on ur body that does it.. try not to worry to much and maybe switch shampoos!
    navywifemomkoch

Answer by navywifemomkoch at 1:30 PM on Oct. 18, 2008

• ottaly normal mine did with my first and well now with my second it sucks big time
    iloveyall2008

Answer by iloveyall2008 at 2:07 PM on Oct. 18, 2008

• I didn't lose much while pregnant, but until about 6 months postpartum I was losing it like crazy! I thought I was gonna go bald!

I'm guessing it's just your hormones going bonkers. If you're eating good and taking prenatals you should be fine. Ask your Dr though hon. My understanding was that you don't lose as much hair while pregnant, but everyone can be different. I could be a nutrition issue so you'll want to get it checked out or at least make sure you're eating the way you should be.

HUGS!
    Nika75

Answer by Nika75 at 2:16 PM on Oct. 18, 2008

• I'm having the exact same problem, i'm goign to talk to my doc b/c its actually starting to be noticable!!
    AshJoe05

Answer by AshJoe05 at 2:53 PM on Oct. 18, 2008

• MAYBE, (I'm not expert) they need to change your vitamins. I'm losing a few strans here and there esp in the shower, but nothing noticable or really bad. It all started happening when I got pregers. If you talk to your doc it might just be you need to change your vitamin your body might be lacking something.
    norma_lee

Answer by norma_lee at 3:03 PM on Oct. 18, 2008