Level 2 ultrsound

I have to have an level 2 ultrsound...they found calcium or something dealing to that nature on my baby girls heart.The doctor says she will not have down syndrome.Where could this have came from.Also down syndrome is hereditary right?I go back next tuesday for them to do another level 2 ultrsound on me.Is level 2 bad?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:32 AM on Oct. 18, 2008 in Pregnancy

• no level 2's are not harmful or anything its just a more better ultra sound to see things more clearer that they cant see in a regular one!:) Good luck and I am praying for you and your baby!:)
    kimbosmom

Answer by kimbosmom at 12:05 PM on Oct. 18, 2008

• The more-detailed level 2 sonogram (also called an anatomy scan) is typically performed between 18 and 22 weeks and gives your practitioner more crucial information about what’s going on in that belly of yours. For example, it can measure the size of the fetus and evaluate your baby’s major organs to make sure they’ve formed properly. It can also determine the amount of amniotic fluid (the magic potion that feeds and protects your baby) to make sure there’s enough. A level 2 ultrasound can also detect cervical changes that might indicate preterm labor and show whether the baby is in a breech position. Ultrasound can even evaluate the size and condition of your placenta and will give your practitioner a picture (literally) of the overall health of your baby and your pregnancy.

http://www.whattoexpect.com/pregnancy/ask-heidi/level-2-ultrasound.aspx
    Southerncharmes

Answer by Southerncharmes at 12:49 PM on Oct. 18, 2008

• I had a level 2 ultrasound because of something found in my baby's heart that "could" be a symptom of down syndrome. It isn't bad, it'll just give them more information about your baby. For the record my baby turned out completely healthy and no downs.
    Anonymous