A question for SAHM's....

What do you like best about being a sahm? Do you enjoy being one?

Personally, I love it. I love being able to spend this precious time with my son, and I love knowing I don't miss a moment.I also love doing things by my own schedule, and not having a boss (not including my son, lol). And pajamas! Oh, how I love staying in pajamas until the afternoon some days, lol.

It can definitely get boring some days though, not having adult interaction.

LovingSAHMommy

Asked by LovingSAHMommy at 4:33 PM on Sep. 17, 2010 in General Parenting

• I have time to cook meals for our son. I have time to sit down and help him with his homework. I have time to volunteer in his class or at his school in general. I have time to clean the house and get the laundry done while he's in school. I have time to get all the errands done before he gets home. I love those things. I love that I can have time to myself where I'm not a mom or wife and I get to just be Tracy.

But some days are tough...LOL
    zava_t

Answer by zava_t at 4:35 PM on Sep. 17, 2010

• I still love being available when my kids are ... I am so rich, having had all these years watching this amazingly people growing and maturing. I can't imagine giving that up for any amount of money.
    LindaClement

Answer by LindaClement at 4:36 PM on Sep. 17, 2010

• Yea, Tracy, as much as I dread my son starting school (4 years from now, lol), it will be nice to have some time to myself...one day, lol.
    LovingSAHMommy

Comment by LovingSAHMommy (original poster) at 4:36 PM on Sep. 17, 2010

• Being able to drop my son off in the morning w/no rush, i walk him to the cafe n wait until his teacher picks up the class, then i love spending time w/my lil one at home, we play eat take naps, though my hardest part is cleaning because he messes up everything i clean, then we go pick up big brother from school, i love making him afternoon snacks, yes it does get boring at times though.
    gabby06

Answer by gabby06 at 4:36 PM on Sep. 17, 2010

• I still love being available when my kids are ... I am so rich, having had all these years watching this amazingly people growing and maturing. I can't imagine giving that up for any amount of money. "

I feel the exact same way. I wouldn't trade what I do for the most glamorous, high-paying job in the world.
    LovingSAHMommy

Comment by LovingSAHMommy (original poster) at 4:37 PM on Sep. 17, 2010

• I love being home with my 2 year old, my oldest 4 kids are in schol but 3 have open campus and they even pop in for a lunch visit from time to time, I love being available to them. They only stay little for a small while and I love not having to worry about deadlines or work stress just watching them grow!
    okmommy08

Answer by okmommy08 at 4:44 PM on Sep. 17, 2010

• The fact that I am here at all times to help them, guide them, and teach them how to be amazing people! God has so far blessed us with 5, and hopefully he will bless us with more! I feel that raising theses amazing children is my calling from God, seeing how any or all of them could be the ones to make a huge contribution to this world!
    JoLee12345

Answer by JoLee12345 at 7:55 PM on Sep. 17, 2010