Gas money or just borrown your car?

I have a big truck, and I am still making payments on it.
I rent from my parents, pay utilites and buy everything for my self and my LO including food. Of course we all share food in the long run but I try to make sure I am pitching in because I am 26 with a child, not 16!
Well, my dads truck is broke down so he takes my moms car to work and if she needs to go anywhere she borrows my truck. If they are both home my truck is still the 1st choice for errands and going places.
I am grateful and don't mind helping out but they rarely put gas in or give me gas money and I don't have extra funds to fuel up a V8 full size truck!
I've asked and even gotten a little less than nice but nothing changes. I'm at my witts end because I have to be able to drive to take care of everything for me and LO only with out gas I can't do that!

DonnaPinitonya

Asked by DonnaPinitonya at 4:40 PM on Sep. 17, 2010 in Adult Children (18+)

• Give them less $$.. Tell them you are short because you had to gas your truck up more than usual.
    MomsOfTwinGirls

Answer by MomsOfTwinGirls at 5:24 PM on Sep. 17, 2010

• Dont give them the keys. tell them if they want to drive it then they better put gas in it!
    SabrenaLeigh

Answer by SabrenaLeigh at 4:44 PM on Sep. 17, 2010

• i would either cut something short like your rent or one of your utilities so they know that what you took out or cut short was because they used your truck and if anyone's gonna use your truck then they also need to fill gas in it. so if no one wants to fill it with gas even when your trying to help out...and you cant do EVEYTHING....then something gets cut short. be sure they know this ahead of time.

if your too nice of a person, they will never take you seriously though. you will always get walked on.
    americansugar80

Answer by americansugar80 at 4:52 PM on Sep. 17, 2010

• I was thinking to cut my checks to them because they tell me I owe them for everything they've ever done for me... it's so frustrating!
    DonnaPinitonya

Comment by DonnaPinitonya (original poster) at 4:56 PM on Sep. 17, 2010

• i just want to make a note that it doesnt go one way, and your parents think this by using your truck and not filling it, it goes two ways, and if your contributing by letting them use it, then they should too contribute by filling it.
    americansugar80

Answer by americansugar80 at 4:56 PM on Sep. 17, 2010

• they are using that as an excuse and again...by walking all over you. it didnt have to be thier job by raising you but they did and i havent heard of any mother or father for "owing them for everything they do for thier children"
    americansugar80

Answer by americansugar80 at 4:58 PM on Sep. 17, 2010