Should I be concerned that there's a problem with my immune system?

So as a child I had strep throat 7 or 8 times. Prompting a Dr later in life to say this may be causing my excema and other skin issues- a type of immune system disorder. Well when I was pregnant with my second child in a routine blood test they discovered I lost my rubella vaccination. I'd never heard of someone suddenly losing an immunity to a virus that they had recieved in a vaccination. A few months ago I got the Shingles I was unaware that you could get this in your 20's. So is there something going on? anytime I ask a Dr they just make me seem like a hypochondriac. Anyone have a similar problem or know someone with this issue?

ainstalshia

Asked by ainstalshia at 4:40 PM on Sep. 17, 2010 in Health

• Yeah, i have heard of folks killing their immune system w/ antibiotics. Take some pro biotics & research supplements you can take for immunity. You can make your immunity better if your really try.
    samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 4:44 PM on Sep. 17, 2010

• I agree with PP... you need to pump up your immune system with probiotics. All of those antibiotics killed the bad bacteria (i.e. strep) but it also killed all the good bacteria that helps you fight infection. The losing your immunity from a vaccine thing is another story. Vaccines aren't always 100% effective and the "immunity" (<---- notice the sarcastic quotes) that you get from them can wear off (like the pertussis vaccine). You might want to do some research on vaccines and on natural ways to boost your immune system. Here's a good article that explaines immunity very well: http://ezinearticles.com/?The-Probiotic-Immune-System&id=3303538

ZoeyBethsMomma

Answer by ZoeyBethsMomma at 4:51 PM on Sep. 17, 2010

• Huh. If you have the records of having these problems, exactly how are you a hypochondriac? Some docs need to learn good bedside manners. Along with the probiotics, pump up on good fruits and veggies. Beef up your diet with good foods all around. Cut out junk foods. Drink lots of water to flush your system. You could have them run blood work, to look for immune system disorders. But, so many antibiotics can wreck havoc with your body.
    Raine2001

Answer by Raine2001 at 5:07 PM on Sep. 17, 2010