How do I get my 3 month old to nap in her crib?

I keep hearing how important it is to have babies on a sleep schedule. My 3 month old sleeps through the night. I don't have any problems putting her down for the night. The problem is getting her to nap during the day. She will sleep anywhere but in her crib. If she does nap it isn't for more than 30 minutes at a time. I've tried to let her cry it out but she cries so hard she works herself up. Is she too young to be on a schedule? Help!

Fohrever

Asked by Fohrever at 11:39 AM on Oct. 18, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• My daughter was the exact same way. You just have to put her in her crib and let her cry herself to sleep. She has to learn how to soothe herself. She'll get used to it :)
    Steph319

Answer by Steph319 at 11:43 AM on Oct. 18, 2008

• Three months is too young for a schedule. She makes the schedule anyway, not you. Try getting her to go to sleep in your arms and after she has been asleep about ten minutes then put her in her crib. The more you do it the longer she will sleep. Just be consistant. BTW I do NOT believe in CIO. I believe that if the baby is crying she needs something, even if its just mommys love and compassion. My baby almost never cries. Mostly only when she hurts herself (shes almost 10 months) at three months she only whined a little when she was hungry, had a dirty diaper, or needed mommy.
    Love2BMommy77

Answer by Love2BMommy77 at 11:54 AM on Oct. 18, 2008

• I had my son sleep in my arms till he was 6 months old!! THEN I WAS FED UP! I put him in his crib and let him cry till he fell asleep. I also did this so he could go to bed at night when being put down awake, and for when he woke up in the middle of the night. Now, he will go down for his naps, he goes to sleep on his own at night, and when he wakes up at night he knows how to go back to sleep. Although, i NEVER let him cry more than 30 min, i would watch the clock and if it hit that 30 min. mark, i would go get him, and comfort him, and then put him back down and did it again. (If at night, i would give him a small bottle and put him back down) But i did this at 6 months, i think 3 months is a little to young to let him or her cry it out. You'll get more rest in a couple months!!! Just work through it. Good Luck!!
    ClvDandJ

Answer by ClvDandJ at 1:07 PM on Oct. 18, 2008

• My first born was the same. We tried everyting. There is a new product in the market called the magicsleepsuit that helps babies sleep better and longer. May help with the naps. Check out www.magicsleepsuit.com. Designed by a mom and pediatric physical therapist. the testimonials are amazing.
    Anonymous