Have you ever had somebody breaking into your house while you were in it?

I think, it's one of the most creepiest things ever.

BeachMom81

Asked by BeachMom81 at 4:46 PM on Sep. 17, 2010 in Home & Garden

• Nope but i always think about it, i swear on a mothers instict i think i would kill the person
    gabby06

Answer by gabby06 at 4:55 PM on Sep. 17, 2010

• As a matter of fact I did. I was in my room nursing my son when the guy walked in... He looked at me and acted like he was supposed to be there... We knew him, but he knew I couldn't stand him. Apparently he was looking for my DH's meds so he could sell them - or take them I don't know which. I told him if I had to get up I was going to make his trip back down the stairs much shorter... And he left...

Beyond that, no. I've never had someone I didn't know break in while I was home. But honestly, it's not something that even worries me.

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 4:50 PM on Sep. 17, 2010

• I think I've scared some one off more than once, even when you know it was just an animal you get a little uneasy.
    DonnaPinitonya

Answer by DonnaPinitonya at 4:50 PM on Sep. 17, 2010

• No but just this morning I was thinking that I used to babysit and decided to no more so now I am all alone in the house after I drop our kids off at school my dh is at work I close the garage door lock all the doors turn on the house alarm and do whatever I have to do but today for some reason your question came to mind...I was like...what if someone tried to break in my first thought was to get the gun we have hidden to b honest with you I don't care for it but being in that situation I'd b forced to use it :/ Hope it never happens. GL
    Butterfly1108

Answer by Butterfly1108 at 5:09 PM on Sep. 17, 2010

• Thankfully I haven't, but it is a theme that pops up very often in my dreams, or perhaps I should say nightmares. I have had very vivid dreams of intruders being in my home and I wake up terrified and shaking.
    vicesix

Answer by vicesix at 7:28 PM on Sep. 17, 2010

• Not since I was a kid. I remember waking up once when I was like 5 or 6 to a big commotion. My mom was on the phone with the cops and my dad was getting his gun. I was told to hide in my brother's room.
    Apparently a drunk broke out the basement window and was trying to break into my gramma's apartment below us. He had busted out one of the windows on her back door and was reaching in to unlock it. My gramma was whacking him with a broom. My dad eventually cornered him in the basement before the cops came.
    That's the only time and we rarely locked our doors the last 20 years (during the day).
    justanotherjen

Answer by justanotherjen at 10:34 PM on Sep. 17, 2010

• Years ago someone tried to break into our trailer, although we didn't realize it until the next morning when I saw one of the windows was bent and cracked. We woke up to the dogs barking but didn't see anything. We had a chow at the time, a terrific watch dog. She was limping the next day; we knew if someone hit her to make her limp that she probably bit them! We never worried as long as we had her around.
    mikesmom65270

Answer by mikesmom65270 at 12:10 AM on Sep. 18, 2010

• no
    steveiguana

Answer by steveiguana at 9:53 AM on Sep. 18, 2010

• When I was 18, I had stayed up until 3 in the morning working on a jigsaw puzzle. My sister woke me up at 6 and asked where our father's VCR, stereo, CDs and tapes were. My dad was working nights. Basically someone was watching the house waiting for the light to be turned off and they had watched my father's patterns of leaving for work. That really scares me when I think about it because they were quick and what if they did not just want to steal his electronics? What if I had not fallen asleep right away? Did they peer into my bedroom the see if I was asleep..Shudder. To this day, I have to keep a random light on in the house.
    Izsarejman

Answer by Izsarejman at 10:30 AM on Sep. 18, 2010