Mom complains about a suggestive cheer and squad kicks 6 year old daughter off, thoughts?

http://news.yahoo.com/video/entertainment-15749636/mom-complains-about-racy-cheer-21949860
Daughter booted from the squad after mom voices concerns about the chants.

sweet-a-kins

Asked by sweet-a-kins at 4:48 PM on Sep. 17, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• I didn't feel comfortable watching our cheerleaders in middle school say stuff like that.... when *I* was IN middle school.

How in the heck is it okay to expect a 6-year old to say things like "My skirt's too tight, my booty shakes from left to right!" ????

And their response is to kick her off the team?

At least the cops in that town will know where to find all the pedophiles on game nights..... EESH!
    geminilove

Answer by geminilove at 4:51 PM on Sep. 17, 2010

• I was just going to ask a question about this... I think it is awful they they kicked her off - the mother was right.... who in their right mind thinks its ok for a 6 year old to be taking about their back hurting, their skirt is too tight and shaking their butt !!
    AmericanaQueen

Answer by AmericanaQueen at 4:52 PM on Sep. 17, 2010

• "My skirt's too tight, my booty shakes from left to right!" ????

Whoa uh yeah..what is up with the cheer leader coach? Does she think shes training future hoochies?
    tnmomofive

Answer by tnmomofive at 4:57 PM on Sep. 17, 2010

• did anyone else notice how dumb the cheer coach sounded when she was on the radio station too - calling the mom a lunatic because she was complaining and then saying of course their backs hurt they are cheering for these boys for 2 hours -- give me a break this coach needs fired and maybe the mom should take over !
    AmericanaQueen

Answer by AmericanaQueen at 5:03 PM on Sep. 17, 2010

• IMO...the innocence of childhood is gone. Would it surprise anyone to see at least one of the girls from this squad end up on the show "16 and Pregnant" in 10 years? *sigh*

I commend the mother, and now her daughter has learned that the world is full of catty and bitchy people! If the girl loves cheering so much, she can join another squad that is more age appropriate.
    LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 6:05 PM on Sep. 17, 2010

• I don't think it's right that they took it out on her daughter, at all. And I've seen some cheers that ARE way too mature for ages of the girls performing them.
    LovingSAHMommy

Answer by LovingSAHMommy at 4:50 PM on Sep. 17, 2010

• Yeah, honestly I find that pretty "sick" for a 6 year old girl to be saying.... wow..
    momofonelilguy

Answer by momofonelilguy at 5:25 PM on Sep. 17, 2010

• WTF is wrong with people?
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 5:31 PM on Sep. 17, 2010

• Applause, applause to the mom for bringing this to light! It is both her right and responsibility to teach her daughter what is and isn't appropriate. I am sorry for the little girl being kicked off the squad, the coach should have acted responsibly and dropped this particular cheer from the routine! And maybe examined all of them for age appropriate content!
    jessa1091

Answer by jessa1091 at 9:43 PM on Sep. 17, 2010

• IDK, I would have taken her off the squad. If the coach thinks cheers like that are ok for 6 year olds to begin with, I don't want her coaching my 6 year old at all. Complaining will only make it worse, she should know that.
    If the other moms honestly have no problem with the cheers, then they are pretty pathetic, IMHO. I just would in no way would keep my daughter with that woman.
    Raine2001

Answer by Raine2001 at 12:20 AM on Sep. 18, 2010