Does the anti-McDonald's ad go too far?

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/21134540/vp/39232697#39232697

Seems a little over the top to me ... but I like Mickey D's french fries and mocha frappes.

tasches

Asked by tasches at 4:52 PM on Sep. 17, 2010 in Food & Drink

• As a manager of McDonalds I see a lot of people come and go and there has only been a few times when I thought to myself "Geez I cant believe they are going to eat all that!"
    While whatever percent of people in this country is overweight it is not SOLELY McDonalds fault. Do they not sell twinkies at the grocery store?? People are going to eat food that tastes good because it gives them a very unique satisfying feeling that cannot be replicated by any other activity. Thats normal psychology. Plus as a manager I eat free there nearly everyday and I am actually one of the thinnest people I know. Not to say that my cholesterol numbers are good I am just not fat.People need to get off McDonalds back. They gave me an opportunity to put clothes on my familys back and to pay all my bills comfortably. PLUS they offer the best insurance plans of any fast food place I have ever worked.If you want to get down on someone try walmart!
    SaturnsMom

Answer by SaturnsMom at 2:58 AM on Sep. 18, 2010

• Omg, lol. Yes, I think it's ridiculous. Obesity from over-eating should be blamed on a lack of self-control or other issues, not McDonald's. I eat McDonald's sometimes, but no one ever FORCES me to eat there.
    LovingSAHMommy

Answer by LovingSAHMommy at 4:54 PM on Sep. 17, 2010

• i think it is too far... and I am not sure why it says eat a vegitarian meal tonight -- if I stop eating McDonalds, that doesnt mean i am going to stop eating meat.
    AmericanaQueen

Answer by AmericanaQueen at 4:58 PM on Sep. 17, 2010

• I am overweight. But guess what?? I rarely eat at McDonalds or any other fast food place.

Seriously!! It's not like Ronald McDonald is out there holding guns to people's heads forcing them to go to Mickey D's.

We need to put the blame for obesity where it belongs. With US!!! It's my fault I fight with my weight--no one elses.

Blaming the McD's is the easy way out for people who do not want to take responsibility for themselves.
    layh41407

Answer by layh41407 at 5:01 PM on Sep. 17, 2010

• The anti drunk driving commercials tell us to drink responsibly and not drink and drive. It doesn't say we should shut down breweries or wineries.

I KNOW how awful fast food it. I rarely eat it. Yet, I still struggle with my weight? Who is to blame for that? ME!!!! I know it.

This country has become a place where many people refuse to accept responsibility for their actions. This is just another example of that.
    layh41407

Answer by layh41407 at 5:17 PM on Sep. 17, 2010

• hey who is the one who chooses to buy the big mac, large fry, and diet coke. things like mcdonalds are fine in moderation. i'm a fitness trainer and i still love the occasional trip to mcdonalds but is it healthy to eat it all the time, no. mcdonalds should be a treat every once in a while, not a daily or weekly thing
    aliishott2

Answer by aliishott2 at 4:59 PM on Sep. 17, 2010

• Answering so I can come back to the link later.
    itsallabtthem84

Answer by itsallabtthem84 at 4:53 PM on Sep. 17, 2010

• I'll have to look at it when I get home.
    Memigen

Answer by Memigen at 4:57 PM on Sep. 17, 2010

• Sure does - no one forces anyone to eat there - or anywhere else. I agree about the vegetarian comment too, no matter where I eat I'm not going vegetarian. Good grief!

scout_mom

Answer by scout_mom at 5:06 PM on Sep. 17, 2010

• Anti- ANYTHING ads go to far! There are two sides to EVERY argument. And people need to find out both sides of those arguments before making any decisions either way. I would be more inclined to pay attention or even listen to ads that pushed BOTH sides or actual education rather than propaganda either way... Don't tell me NOT to eat at McDonalds, it's the only playground around here in the winter for the kids... Why not point out things like their salads over a burger or apples over fries... Just because someone eats at McDonalds doesn't mean they have to make bad choices and if they do, they are choosing to do so - which is their right.

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 5:14 PM on Sep. 17, 2010