Kids with dandruff?

My son has a very dry scalp and occasionally he gets what kinda looks like flakes of dandruff, but at the same time it is kinda stuck on the skin, almost like glue in the hair or something. We have tried dandruff shampoos and baby oil after baths but I'm wondering if anyone else has had to go through this or if you have any ideas on how to help it. It doesn't happen all the time, but when it does, because we keep his hair shaved, it is just real noticeable. And it seems worse if we let his hair grow out at all.

zava_t

Asked by zava_t at 4:56 PM on Sep. 17, 2010 in General Parenting

• My ds developed this not long ago. His scalp is actually not dry! But I found a website that said to wash the hair thoroughly. Then take a comb and comb the hair in the opposite direction of which it grows and then rinse it with clean water from the spout. My ds still has small flakes, but nothing like when it began. And I don't use the dandruff shampoos, but you may want to talk with his ped about that! GL
    Austinsmom35

Answer by Austinsmom35 at 10:48 PM on Sep. 17, 2010

• sounds like cradle cap. how old is your son
    victoriamom2007

Answer by victoriamom2007 at 9:14 PM on Sep. 17, 2010