OMG! Do you have a little girl that cries and cries? (7 yrs. old)

She is driving me crazy I talk to her all I asked was clean her room and she throws a fit and starts to cry and say she does not want to clean up. I get the belt and give her 2 swats (I don't want to hear it for those against using the belt keep to yourself) she starts to clean up but she is dragging butt so I get up and write down a sentence about her crying and tell her to write it 5 X's she throws another fit then I said 10X's for throwing a fit now she is just crying and crying she is really working on my nerves...arg! She really is a good girl but this is one of those days that she gets this way :/ Is this a sign of laziness? If so...what can I do to prevent this from getting worse?
Thank you ladies for listening and I needed to vent.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:56 PM on Sep. 17, 2010 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• Set up a chore board so you can have her do what needs to be done, but she has some control over the pace. A behavior chart may work too. As for the emotional part- my 8 y/o girl gets whinny from time to time, and I hate to say it, but it is prob pre-adolesence! I read an article that says some girls enter puberty as young as 7- so the moods may be hormonal! Look out! Agh!
    mrsmom110

Answer by mrsmom110 at 4:59 PM on Sep. 17, 2010

• Is she getting enough one on one time form you and praise when she does things right? Just an idea that she might need some Mommy time.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 5:26 PM on Sep. 17, 2010

• "from" you
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 5:42 PM on Sep. 17, 2010

• Ahh its the age.
    sstepph

Answer by sstepph at 8:30 PM on Sep. 17, 2010

• maybe she's trying to get her way. she might be thinking you'll give in and not make her clean her room. my little sister did this a lot. my step mom didn't want to deal with her so she always got her way when she threw a fit.
    xavierlogan09

Answer by xavierlogan09 at 8:34 PM on Sep. 17, 2010

• my dd cries alot when asked to clean up too. She either sits and watches tv or she cries after she is yelled at for not cleaning up. I think a chore board is a great idea for her age. You can also maybe start her on an allowance if she finishes her chores & take her to the store to see what she can buy with her money.
    babybutastink

Answer by babybutastink at 8:45 PM on Sep. 17, 2010

• Stick to your guns, momma. And like someone else suggested, maybe a chore chart with stickers rewarded when the chore is done. The ability of being able to see what they accomplished helped my kids a lot!
    QueenMomma2023

Answer by QueenMomma2023 at 10:42 AM on Sep. 19, 2010