Has anyone had this happen? 2nd pregnancy question.

i'm almost 16 weeks pregnant with my second child and I'm experiencing something I've never felt before .
The past few nights between 9-11 pm I get really ill feeling ( I know this is normal morning sickness, only occurring at night ) but along with this I get a very tight feeling in my chest and abdomen, it's almost painful, definitely uncomfortable and I've had to sleep in only panties because the sensation of even the slightest weight on my stomach makes me feel worse ...any ideas what this may be?

AshleyRoseG

Asked by AshleyRoseG at 5:02 PM on Sep. 17, 2010 in Pregnancy

• What did you have to eat with in 4 hours of it happening?
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 5:04 PM on Sep. 17, 2010

• Talk to your doc- it could be gall bladder issues. I had a gall bladder attack shortly after my 3rd child, and had to have it removed. Gall stones & gall bladder issues can be quite common during or soon after a pregnancy. Dont eat anything spicy or fatty/ rich foods until you know for sure. In the meantime, saltines, and 7-up work wonders :) Good luck & congrats on the pregnancy :)
    mrsmom110

Answer by mrsmom110 at 5:07 PM on Sep. 17, 2010

• Could be heartburn. I'd call your care provider
    Roadfamily6now

Answer by Roadfamily6now at 5:08 PM on Sep. 17, 2010

• is it constant? braxton hicks contractionsmade me short of breath and the tightness in your abdomen as well.
    cassie_m

Answer by cassie_m at 5:25 PM on Sep. 17, 2010

• Dfinetly talk to your doctor.
    nicole_Evans

Answer by nicole_Evans at 5:26 PM on Sep. 17, 2010

• Definately talk to your doctor. It doesn't sound like heartburn, but none of us can say really what it is.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 5:34 PM on Sep. 17, 2010

• Could it be gas?
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 5:58 PM on Sep. 17, 2010