Do you get along with your in-laws?

I've always had problems with them, it's just hard to get along! : (

mom-de-uno

Asked by mom-de-uno at 5:03 PM on Sep. 17, 2010 in Relationships

• not all of them...i get along with the mother and father inlaw and sometimes the brother inlaw. but i do NOT get along with the sis inlaw only because she acts like a 12 year old when she's like over 30 now. i dont get all mean or anything, we can be in the same room together, but we will never be close in a friend way. i dont even consider her a friend.

there's another brother that married a girl that is very demanding and likes to pull the "poor me" thing and i find it tiring to deal with so i cant possibly get along with her. she also thinks that posting "f.o." and "what a dummy" on facebook isnt suppose to be about me but its a bit obvious when its like right after something i have done. i just cant get along with her and his brother!!! no way!!
    americansugar80

Answer by americansugar80 at 5:12 PM on Sep. 17, 2010

• i try to keep my distance from my in-laws...bcuz they will try to steal your joy!! They always have something negative to say...gosh
    TezMoM

Answer by TezMoM at 5:12 PM on Sep. 17, 2010

• Yes. I have the best mother and father in law. :)
    brooklynsmom40

Answer by brooklynsmom40 at 5:26 PM on Sep. 17, 2010

• No relationship with those people at all...
    bcauseimthemom

Answer by bcauseimthemom at 5:27 PM on Sep. 17, 2010

• When I first started coming around I was praised for brining DH out of the woodwork and back into the family life. He'd rarely go to family functions, rarely socialize if he did show up, etc. Then as we all started to get to know one another our entire beings clashed. Specifically between my MIL and I. We just couldn't find common ground for anything. Then after a while we started to just let our differences go and we began to build the common ground. Since it couldn't be found otherwise. Now we have a better relationship, but I think we both know we'll never be best friends. That's okay though, as long as we can stand one another and be civil that's fine with me.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 5:33 PM on Sep. 17, 2010

• Yes, Mothe r in law and I have a great relationship.. There are time that we don't always agree . We still maintain a good relationship.
    janitablue

Answer by janitablue at 5:37 PM on Sep. 17, 2010

• yes I'm one of the lucky ones i get along with both of them
    cnoble927

Answer by cnoble927 at 5:43 PM on Sep. 17, 2010

• My father in law is passed away,but my mother in law and I are very close! I'm closer to her than my own mother, but not by my choice.
    Robsmommy

Answer by Robsmommy at 6:24 PM on Sep. 17, 2010

• It's hard to stay positive when all they want to do is point out things that they see as "problems". I'm not trying to raise kids the same way that they did and they can't agree to disagree.
    MommyNeeNee

Answer by MommyNeeNee at 6:47 PM on Sep. 17, 2010

• i have great, caring and loving in-laws
    canta1980

Answer by canta1980 at 9:29 PM on Sep. 17, 2010