What are your feelings about this?

http://news.yahoo.com/video/entertainment-15749636/mom-complains-about-racy-cheer-21949860

Would you have done the same thing?
Personally I would, this is another example to me of how popularity and school politics are corrupted. It only strengthens my personal choice to homeschool (no this is not a homeschool debate, I just want to see if others feel the same way as this mother does). I would like to keep my kids at the age they're supposed to be. 6 at 6, 13 at 13, and not 15 at 6 or 18 at 10. Personally a 6 year old should not be cheering about more 'adult/older teens' situations (and I'm not blinded to the times kids start getting sexually active, I plan to be very open with my daughter when it comes to that time as well.). Thoughts ladies?

Mrs.Halloween

Asked by Mrs.Halloween at 5:17 PM on Sep. 17, 2010 in Parenting Debate

• I see a woman strong in her convictions. Standing up for what she feels is best for her child. I could sit here and say moms who don't vax are nuts, but I would never be so insensitive or pompus to think my way is the only way!
    salexander

Answer by salexander at 8:03 PM on Sep. 17, 2010

• WTF, They would not change an inappropriate cheer for a 6 year old? They Kicked her off and she can only come back on probation, there is something wrong with society. I agree with you I think that cheer is inappropriate for a young child.
    zakityzak

Answer by zakityzak at 5:29 PM on Sep. 17, 2010

• Purple Butterfly, there is nothing wrong with protecting your children, if you thing that a 6 year old cheering about tight skirts, shaking their booty, backache aches. I pray that your kids don't get pregnant as a teenager.  Kids need to be educated about the world, not thrown to the wolves saying cheers that are not appropriate for their age.

zakityzak

Answer by zakityzak at 5:44 PM on Sep. 17, 2010

• With the way the coach fired back on the radio show, if the mother did complain internally, the complaints would have gone onto deaf ears. Maybe she can get her daughter into another cheer organization. Very sad situation for this little girl.
    zakityzak

Answer by zakityzak at 5:31 PM on Sep. 17, 2010

• I would rewrite what u want to know. I had a few people read this and they still don't know what u want to know..
    seabrezze_11

Answer by seabrezze_11 at 5:25 PM on Sep. 17, 2010

• @seabrezze_11 - I want to know others opinions about the cheer and would they have done the same thing that the mother did. I put it up there. =)
    Mrs.Halloween

Comment by Mrs.Halloween (original poster) at 5:27 PM on Sep. 17, 2010

• @zakityzak - Your comment was my initial response. 'wtf' =D I mean...come on...we all know what 'our backs ache' mean. and pair it up with 'tight skirt and our bootys shake from left to right'? We're not that dumb.
    Mrs.Halloween

Comment by Mrs.Halloween (original poster) at 5:31 PM on Sep. 17, 2010

• @PURPULbutterfly - lol I'm glad you're as blind as most people are. =D I never once said anything about sheltering my daughter from the 'outside world'. In fact if you had actually read I said I would be very 'open' about the sexuality aspect more so than most are willing to do so that should lead you to believe that I am not sheltering my daughter. Also, your close minded attitude about homeschooling just shows the idiocy of some people. I'm sad that you're kids will never know the full world they could have from having such a close minded mom.

@zakityzak - Yes the school/officials/etc do have set minds and rarely ever take into account of parents concerns. Unfortunately even the ones who do care about the parents concerns are often turned on by higher ups or others and for lack of a better description 'bullied into submission' to agree with the ideals of the greater higher ups.
    Mrs.Halloween

Comment by Mrs.Halloween (original poster) at 5:49 PM on Sep. 17, 2010

• I think it's sad that the daughter has to be punished because her mother is a nut! There is NOTHING wrong with that cheer! This woman is simply overly sensitive!

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 5:35 PM on Sep. 17, 2010

• i think its ridiculous that your going to homeschool your kids because you want to shelter them from the outside world. i feel bad for your children
    PURPULbutterfly

Answer by PURPULbutterfly at 5:33 PM on Sep. 17, 2010