How do I remove the dog poo/urine smell from my backyard?

We have 3 big dogs, and a litter of pups that are leaving this weekend. My husband scoops the yard daily and we have a in-ground poop receptacle that it goes in. It has only rained ONCE in the past 34 days in our city so the rainwater that would typically wash away the urine, has not- it's been a windy two days and therefor a STINKY two days. Is there a product I can spray on the lawn that will get rid of the odor? There is no poop to really scoop left anywhere, but it's still stinky enough for me to be bothered by it. Thanks in advance!

MamaCarterof5

Asked by MamaCarterof5 at 5:19 PM on Sep. 17, 2010 in Pets

• You can get a bottle that attaches to your hose and fill it with a 50% Water 25% vinegar 25% Baking Soda solution and spray it over the areas that are offensive.
    ivy102381

Answer by ivy102381 at 8:47 PM on Sep. 17, 2010

• Put tomato juice in their dog food and it will reduce the urine acid and possibly the stains in the yard too. As long as the poop gets picked up and maybe hose down the area- it should be okay.
    mrsmom110

Answer by mrsmom110 at 5:22 PM on Sep. 17, 2010

• I had never heard of that before, I will try adding some to their food this very evening.
    MamaCarterof5

Comment by MamaCarterof5 (original poster) at 5:23 PM on Sep. 17, 2010

• don't let the dog poop in the back yard. take him for a walk then pick up what he poops
    seabrezze_11

Answer by seabrezze_11 at 5:24 PM on Sep. 17, 2010

• shovel the poop and then water your back yard to try and wash out the smell
    jessesmama22

Answer by jessesmama22 at 12:40 AM on Sep. 18, 2010