I am breastfeeding my 6m old son and having bloody discharge on a regular basis. Also im 24 and this is my 3rd child

ladymommie86

Asked by ladymommie86 at 5:25 PM on Sep. 17, 2010 in General Parenting

• Is the discharge from you nipples or down south?

You can have your period while breastfeeding and if your taking BC it can screw up your cycle.
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 5:31 PM on Sep. 17, 2010

• I got this answer from loveyourbaby.com

Blood in Breast Milk
    In most cases of blood in breastmilk, the only treatment is time. There is usually not much pain, unless the nipples are cracked or injured, or the breast tissue is very tender due to engorgement. The bleeding will not harm your baby and it is fine to keep breastfeeding. Blood in breast milk is not uncommon. In cases during late pregnancy or during the first weeks after child birth, the blood is usually due to broken capillaries and intraductal papillomas.
    In some cases it may appear that there is blood in the milk when it is actually coming from a cracked or sore nipple . Your baby will not be harmed
    mrsnikifrank

Answer by mrsnikifrank at 5:32 PM on Sep. 17, 2010