*update* on the Chinese Loan thing... what did I get myself into?

Dear Mrs. C*****,

My name is Ken Lynch and I am a member of Congressman Dent’s staff in his Washington, DC office. I understand you spoke with Laura McGarry from the Bethlehem office earlier this week about finding some additional information on how the Treasury Department issues debt, and specifically, how China purchases this debt and at what interest rate, etc.

I have mailed you two reports recently published by the Congressional Research Service. The first report details how the Treasury Department issues public debt. The second deals with China’s holdings of US securities and debt. I initially tried to attach them to this email, but they were too large for the email server. I apologize for this inconvenience.

Please let me know when these documents arrive or if you have any additional questions about this or any other federal matter.

Thank you,

Ken Lynch

lovinangels

Asked by lovinangels at 5:33 PM on Sep. 17, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• Lovin, could you mail me a copy? Or should we all just call our own congresscritters and try to get our own copy? Hey, then we could compare the different copies.....=)
    29again

Answer by 29again at 10:21 PM on Sep. 17, 2010

• Now, that's embarrassing! Why didn't they just upgrade their server, after all, we pay for it! (I guess he was way too busy or maybe just too important, to break it up into smaller attachments...
    agentwanda

Answer by agentwanda at 6:28 PM on Sep. 17, 2010

• Oh boy! I'm betting there are different terms for different loans..that's just to start with! Let us know if it comes in large boxes!!!

yourspecialkid

Answer by yourspecialkid at 8:37 PM on Sep. 17, 2010

• Good thinking, 29. :) That should give them something to do -- and something to think about. If enough of them get requests for this information, esp. if the same ones get multiple requests, maybe they will stop and realize that we really do care about the fiscal state of our country. Maybe that might make them stop and think before they vote on any more outrageous spending packages.

Maybe.
    May-20

Answer by May-20 at 8:43 AM on Sep. 18, 2010

• It's too large for the email server? Ok...
    so how would you girls like this information shared with you?
    lovinangels

Comment by lovinangels (original poster) at 5:34 PM on Sep. 17, 2010

• google documents and post the link. lol
    isabellalecour

Answer by isabellalecour at 5:46 PM on Sep. 17, 2010

• They are mailing them. What's the problem?
    stacymomof2

Answer by stacymomof2 at 7:51 PM on Sep. 17, 2010

• Stacy, who said there was a problem? How would you like the information shared with you? That was the question. Can you answer it, or just go make snide comments elsewhere?

Meaning, if I make a post saying, this is what the documents my Congressmen sent me said, am I going to get railroaded because it's not a website you can go verify? Would you like me to scan them, upload them to photobucket, and post them as pictures? How would you like to receive the info the office is sharing with me?
    lovinangels

Comment by lovinangels (original poster) at 9:26 PM on Sep. 17, 2010

• yeah, I can do the mail thing... as long as it isn't 800 pages long...if it is maybe we can just pass it around. I'm too lazy to scan 800 pages.
    lovinangels

Comment by lovinangels (original poster) at 10:23 PM on Sep. 17, 2010

• I'm wondering why they don't have it available online and are able to give you a link to gain access to the info you were requesting. All of this technology and for some reason we resort to snail mail? Think of the waste of paper. Tax dollars hard at work indeed.

QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 9:32 AM on Sep. 18, 2010