I just had my baby a week ago.....

and I have been feeling very down lately. I'm sad, constantly thinking of how much change has happened, and I feel like nothing feels or looks the same to me. I can't quite explain why I feel this way. I cry a lot...feel trapped...and feel guilt ...is this normal, will it ever go away? Am I a bad mom, for not feeling happy?

PANZONSMOM

Asked by PANZONSMOM at 5:33 PM on Sep. 17, 2010 in General Parenting

• Sounds like Post Postpartum Depression. Yes it is normal. Yes it will go away. But if it gets worse or you need it. Talk to your Dr about it.
    Raeann11

Answer by Raeann11 at 5:36 PM on Sep. 17, 2010

• You have the baby blues, if you keep feeling this way talk to your doctor, you don't want Postpartum Depression. Try taking fish oil with Omega threes a couple times a day, they helped me. Good luck mama.

zakityzak

Answer by zakityzak at 5:36 PM on Sep. 17, 2010

• I had that real bad with both of mine...it will subside eventually but you may want to call your doctor if it doesn't
    MommyH2

Answer by MommyH2 at 5:37 PM on Sep. 17, 2010

• I agree it sounds like Postpartum Depression. Yes you are normal. Most women get it. Yes it will go away. I also agree if it gets worse talk to your dr. Part of it has to do with lack of sleep. Maybe you can get someone or your hubby to watch the baby so you can get out for awhile. Even to just take a walk. Grab a cup of coffe with a friend. Something for you! :)
    Skavswife

Answer by Skavswife at 5:37 PM on Sep. 17, 2010

• possibly sounds like post partum depression? Talk 2 your Dr.! No, it does NOT mean you are a bad mom. It is a hormonal issue. Good luck!
    Caoimhe_Oona

Answer by Caoimhe_Oona at 5:38 PM on Sep. 17, 2010

• I agree with the ladies. Postpartum depression is something alot of moms experience. I had it with both of my kids. It was worse for me after my son was born,though. Please talk with your doctor if you feel a need,and ask if there's a support group for new moms near you. Good luck,Hon.
    Robsmommy

Answer by Robsmommy at 6:09 PM on Sep. 17, 2010

• I hope you feel better! HUGS
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 6:25 PM on Sep. 17, 2010

• Yes, sounds like postpartum. I had it real bad with mine, even the music on the bouncy seat would depress me. My Dr. put me on Effexor and it was great!! Mom's want the best for their kids and there's so much going on with our bodies and then adjusting to a new baby and realizing how fast your other babies grew up....A lot of emotions there. Good Luck, hope you feel like yourself soon :)
    luvmy4kidsinAL

Answer by luvmy4kidsinAL at 6:33 PM on Sep. 17, 2010