Who here has had shoulder surgery and is it horrible?

I am most likely going to have to have surgery on my left shoulder and please just put my nerves to rest because I am really scared honestly!!

psurmont

Asked by psurmont at 5:33 PM on Sep. 17, 2010 in Health

• My hubby is recovering from shoulder surgery right now...he wasn't allowed to move it for 8 weeks then he started physical therapy. He said the therapy is worse than the surgery by far! Best of luck to you! The hardest part was that he couldn't sleep and he couldn't pick up the kids.
    MommyH2

Answer by MommyH2 at 5:36 PM on Sep. 17, 2010

• My husband had one on his right shoulder and he turned out fine. He was able to join the military and still works just like the other one. He only haves stiffness and pain from time to time but that's about it.

What kind of surgery? GOOD LUCK!
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 5:36 PM on Sep. 17, 2010

• I am not sure yet I have what they call a hooked acronium and they say that is from leaving a rotator cuff tear go to long, but that is all I know about it and I know that I cannot raise my left arm hardly and that is not normal for me! I am used to be very active so this is killing me!
    psurmont

Comment by psurmont (original poster) at 5:39 PM on Sep. 17, 2010

• My son and my SIL both had shoulder surgery and did very well. No big problems or complaints. Good luck
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 7:21 PM on Sep. 17, 2010