What can i do to be more relaxed with my in laws when they are around my son?

sledgesmom28

Asked by sledgesmom28 at 5:46 PM on Sep. 17, 2010 in General Parenting

• Enjoy the moment and go to place that make you happy mentally. Let the in laws be the grandparents to your son. You are all adults if there is something that you don't agreed with speak on it and create a solution to the problem.
    janitablue

Answer by janitablue at 5:54 PM on Sep. 17, 2010

• make a conscious effort to relax when they are around and try to spend more time with them so that you feel more comfortable.

princessbeth79

Answer by princessbeth79 at 6:19 PM on Sep. 17, 2010

• First what are yu worried about with them? Then you need to face them with it. I have found it's best to be upfront about my limits with my son. Like no one gets to take him in a car while he is under 5.
    whoreallycares

Answer by whoreallycares at 4:18 AM on Sep. 18, 2010

• thanks for your advice. me and my husband have been together for 11 years but only married for 2. so i know my in laws very well and have had no problems before with them. idk whats wrong with my emotions when they are around. i get nervous, cold sweats, irritable. i know they would NEVER harm him way. but little things just get under my skin.....how loud she talks to him(shes hard of hearing), how my father in law just lets him cry (not soothing him), doesnt hold his head right! and WHOREALLYCARES i agree with u too.... no one has had him overnight yet or driven with him in the car!!! im SO not ready for that yet!!!!!

thanks again girls!!!
    sledgesmom28

Comment by sledgesmom28 (original poster) at 3:29 PM on Sep. 19, 2010