What was it like coming home after a c-section?

Did you need help with showering/cooking/taking care of baby. Im wondering what to expect. Were you able to do everything that wasnt a chore?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:07 PM on Oct. 18, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• you can pretty much do everything yourself. u will definitally be sore for a while, and stairs can be difficult but u shouldnt need too much help. you shouldnt be lifting heavy things (nothing over 10 pounds). you might need help washing the area at first because you probably wont be able to see what you are doing and you want to make sure you get all the soap out and everything. your stomach muscles will be weak so getting out of bed can be hard too but if you roll to the side a little and then push yourself up it helps. They will more then likely give you percoset and say to take two pills but i only took one because two made me nausous and dizzy too. you wont really need it too much though. the pain isnt that bad. i just took them before i went to bed so i could sleep easier.
    youngmommi2be

Answer by youngmommi2be at 12:42 AM on Oct. 19, 2008

• Not at all. Everything went fine. The only thing i couldnt really do was bend over. I dropped the soap a few times in the shower and had to yell for my SO to pick it up for me lol. Just take things slow and be careful and youll be fine! :)
    Steph319

Answer by Steph319 at 12:18 PM on Oct. 18, 2008

• i couldnt do anything. i had my mom n DH there to help. walk alot, take everything slow!
    RachWell

Answer by RachWell at 12:25 PM on Oct. 18, 2008

• Coming home wasn't too hard for me. By far the hardest part was getting into and out of bed (ours is a high Tempurpedic, so it doesn't help!.) I showered fine - my hubby did help keep my incision dry, though. I hated not being able to drive and having to rely on people.
    MommyRust

Answer by MommyRust at 12:28 PM on Oct. 18, 2008

• i could not do to much my mother-in-law helps with my other kids. I had to have help up stairs to take a shower and my husband stood in the bathroom incase i needed help. My mother-in-law also helps with my insicion
    shaynaj

Answer by shaynaj at 12:29 PM on Oct. 18, 2008

• it wasn't too hard for me, I was able to do everything just a little slower.
    MylilMonkey08

Answer by MylilMonkey08 at 12:39 PM on Oct. 18, 2008

• I was absoultely fine. I had no one to help me and I didn't need any help. Yeah, it's uncomfortable after a c-section but you have a new baby! I was able to take care of myself and my little baby all by myself. Goodluck. Take your pain meds as directed.
    CookieMom108

Answer by CookieMom108 at 12:42 PM on Oct. 18, 2008

• I couldn't do anything. They cut me before the emergency c-section. So I had a hard time moving. MY hubby did the majority of taking care of my son. I could hardly move. He cleaned and did the dinners. Showering was alittle hard cuz I could hardly move. But I managed. Getting in and out of bed was so hard. U have to sleep sitting up. Just take it easy and U will be fine. I wish U all the Luck.
    HuntersMom4908

Answer by HuntersMom4908 at 12:45 PM on Oct. 18, 2008

• it was hard for me. I was suppose to have people there to help me but my MIL didnt come. and my SO had to work. i had to take care of my newborn and a 17m old. I had problems too. I only did things that i had to do for the kids and my SO did the rest when he got home then helped me take a shower.
    Anonymous

• I've had two and with both - the hardest part was getting up and down from a laying or sitting position. They sent me home with percocets; but I couldn't take them they made me naseous & dizzy!! No way to take care of a newborn! So I just took Aleve; but IDK if you're going to BF or not; I didn't...

Other than that; the worst parts were the baby would occasionally kick me in the stomach while I was changing her & coughing or laughing hurt...and after you're healed; it will be numb for a while!

Good Luck =)
    beachmamaof2

Answer by beachmamaof2 at 1:17 PM on Oct. 18, 2008