why would exhusband want to meet new boyfriend?

Littledollie2

Asked by Littledollie2 at 5:59 PM on Sep. 17, 2010 in Relationships

• If you two had children together my guess would be that he's trying to make sure that his child is safe. If not he's probably trying to stroke his own ego.
    ajbrownies

Answer by ajbrownies at 6:01 PM on Sep. 17, 2010

• maybe he wants to meet the man that will be around his children. I think he ha every right to know the person who will be spending some time with his children.
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 6:01 PM on Sep. 17, 2010

• Well I am taking a guess that you have children with your ex...do you?

If so then I commend him for protecting his kids!!! If you guys have no kids together then maybe he still wants to make sure you are ok.

Is you ex a decent good guy/?? Just from this one quick sentence that is what I get!
    mom2twobabes

Answer by mom2twobabes at 6:02 PM on Sep. 17, 2010

• If there are kids involved I can understand. If my kids were going to be around someone new I would want to meet them.
    jasonsmommom

Answer by jasonsmommom at 6:02 PM on Sep. 17, 2010

• He either wants to make sure the guy hanging around your kids is ok, or he wants to see if he is better than your new man. Guys are weird.
    nicole_Evans

Answer by nicole_Evans at 6:05 PM on Sep. 17, 2010

• He is trying to be a good parent, since new bf will be around his kids a lot. If your ex is a good father this is a wonderful gesture on his part. Parents and SO of parents need to get along and be able to talk to each other.

RyansMom001

Answer by RyansMom001 at 6:08 PM on Sep. 17, 2010

• if u have kids then he's just trying to protect his kids, n also i think thats good that he wants to meet him.
    gabby06

Answer by gabby06 at 6:08 PM on Sep. 17, 2010

• I wouldn't let my kids around my ex's girlfriend without knowing her
    gottalovemal

Answer by gottalovemal at 6:11 PM on Sep. 17, 2010

• Judging by my ex-husband, it was to see the man who was going to be around his children, and to size up the "replacement" to make himself feel better.

Of course, it didn't, but he needed a way to assuage his ego.
    geminilove

Answer by geminilove at 6:22 PM on Sep. 17, 2010

• My ex doesnn't keep a gf unless I approve and our child died however, we were together over 10 years all through our 20's into 30's
    mom2priceboys

Answer by mom2priceboys at 6:27 PM on Sep. 17, 2010