What areas of Tampa, Florida are best for a growing family?

We would love to relocate our family to Tampa but want to make sure we move near good schools for our children and a safe neighborhood. Any advice is much appreciated! Thank you!!!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:09 PM on Sep. 17, 2010 in Travel

• Honestly, Florida isnt the best place for raising a family, most of my coworkers as well as myself and my sister, never came in contact with people who used and could get drugs, until we moved here. But thats just us. Sorry if I did but I hope I didnt scare you. Tampa Bay is partially a beautiful place. Were you looking more for the city part of tampa, or is the rural-suburban area east of tampa just as interesting? Brandon and Valrico have some beautiful areas. Valrico Rd is very country-ish. Davis Island in South Tampa is also very pretty but since its near the water, it might be pricey. As for schools, I havent checked it out yet, but I have heard that Trinity private school is a very very good school. Good luck!
    americanadian25

Answer by americanadian25 at 9:50 PM on Sep. 18, 2010

• I couldn't live in Florida-it is way too hot & humid. It could also be scary!
    NicolesMommy

Answer by NicolesMommy at 12:39 AM on Sep. 19, 2010

• Tampa is a city so there will be drugs involved unfortunately, but don't let that hold you back- there are drugs everywhere and always will be :) I moved here from Brooklyn, NY 21years ago and love it!! I especially love South Tampa near Bayshore, Davis Island or New Tampa. We used to live on S. Westshore the Cove Apts are beautiful wake up everymorning go swim on the bay :) We live in Port Richey now which is an hour away and I make the commute every day to Tampa. Seminole Heights is alittle scary..ybor is scary but cool place to go out on the weekends...Trinity in New Port Richey is nice...hope that helps a little!

Kristine - Reasonable Rates Photographer
    www.creativetampabay.zenfolio.com
    KPentonPhotos

Answer by KPentonPhotos at 11:40 AM on Sep. 27, 2010