What's the difference between goth's and emo's and why are they so weird?

staceynoel

Asked by staceynoel at 6:11 PM on Sep. 17, 2010 in Just for Fun

• my sd says goth is all black n emo is w/color, whatever that means she always wears dark colors
    gabby06

Answer by gabby06 at 6:14 PM on Sep. 17, 2010

• Emo is I don't want to seem like a freak, but I sit in my room and cut myself. Goth is I don't care what anybody thinks and I am a freak.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 6:14 PM on Sep. 17, 2010

• Goth is less colorful... Emo is colorful...

I don't know how either are really weird though... No "weirder" than any other style... As long as they are comfortable in what they wear, who cares what category of style it falls in to?

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 6:20 PM on Sep. 17, 2010

• Emo is like punk rock, with style, and Gothic is dark and mysterious. Both very different. They listen to different types of music, and they really don't identify with eachother. Just because we don't understand something doesn't make it stupid. People are different, if they aren't hurting anything, let em!
    Musicmom80

Answer by Musicmom80 at 6:25 PM on Sep. 17, 2010

• btw, I get a lot of emo kids in my chair, and they don't cut themselves.
    Musicmom80

Answer by Musicmom80 at 6:26 PM on Sep. 17, 2010

• Both are just styles of expression. Neither is really all that new. I looked at my yearbook from the early 90's and saw pics of classmates with almost the exact same clothing, hairstyles, etc. Only the band names were different....

Of course, back then, they called in "New Romantic".
    geminilove

Answer by geminilove at 6:38 PM on Sep. 17, 2010

• I agree with Musicmom80 pretty much. It's about the look and the music. They are different

I hate how poeple equate Emo with cutting and Goth with dark depressing music. Niether of those are true
    some people think that they are wierd- I think they are some of the nicest most wonderful and creative people- but then I've been goth for years so...
    charlotsomtimes

Answer by charlotsomtimes at 6:57 PM on Sep. 17, 2010

***********

that's a really awful thing to say
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 6:59 PM on Sep. 17, 2010

• why did that go anon? wierd...that was me
    charlotsomtimes

Answer by charlotsomtimes at 7:10 PM on Sep. 17, 2010

• I still think that they are both creepy
    staceynoel

Comment by staceynoel (original poster) at 8:21 PM on Sep. 17, 2010