Help save a life!

Do you have your CPR First Aid card? If not go and get it! What you learn can help save a life!
I have a Medical Assistant Degree so I know a little more then basic CPR/First Aid
Today while I was at lunch with my MIL a lady across from us collapsed and was unresponsive for most of the time. A few other men helped me take care of her. She had an allergic reaction and needed her epi pen. The guys that were helping me was oblivious on what to do so I instructed them on what to do. I helped them turn her over (she was face down) and lay flat on her back and raise her legs. I showed them how to use the epi and where to stick it.
The paramedics came and said if it wasn't for my quick thinking and the other guys she could have died. All of this and her 2 young children where right there so i asked the worker of the fast food joint to take them in the play area till we can get family to pick them up
Take the class and save a life

mommy_of_two388

Asked by mommy_of_two388 at 6:12 PM on Sep. 17, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• Good job- Everyone should know CPR and the Heimlich Maneuver.

Sisteract

Answer by Sisteract at 7:32 PM on Sep. 17, 2010

• wow thats scary, but yes we dnt think we need to know these things but we do, my sd had a seizure this week at school & they had to give her cpr because she wasnt breathing, if this would of happened at home i dnt know what i would have done. i deff need to get my lisence.
    gabby06

Answer by gabby06 at 6:18 PM on Sep. 17, 2010

• Wow! I know CPR and basic first aid from my years doing home daycare. I have an Epi Pen myself...I am allergic to bees and such. I taught my oldest how to use it in case I couldn't. Mine has easy to follow instructions printed on the side as well.

Good for you OP!!!! :) Three cheers for your preparedness and the help you gave!
    yourspecialkid

Answer by yourspecialkid at 8:35 PM on Sep. 17, 2010

• Sure do! I've been certified since I was 13, and have been teaching at the Instructor to Instructor Trainer level for over 25 years! I was also a paramedic in Boston for almost 9 years. :o)
    LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 8:49 PM on Sep. 17, 2010

• yes
    Cynt1020

Answer by Cynt1020 at 9:42 PM on Sep. 17, 2010