If God is Male, and Goddess is Female... adult content

How are we meant to believe that GOD (male) created all things in HIS image and yet it's the females of the species the creates life when that's exactly what he is meant to have done? Why don't men have babies?

Asked by SabrinaMBowen at 6:17 PM on Sep. 17, 2010 in Religious Debate

• Mean don' have babies because they are pussies and can't handle the pain like us women :)
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 6:19 PM on Sep. 17, 2010

• Simple. Men are too wimpy to give birth. =] I know, not the kind of answer you were looking for.
    FroggyFeet

Answer by FroggyFeet at 6:20 PM on Sep. 17, 2010

• I think of it like boats that are usually considered "female" and hurricanes that USE to be only named after females... you know giving a pronoun to ideas, concepts, beings or objects that have no gender... Read The Shack where God reveals as a woman-it gives you an idea of the concept of the "gender" of God.
    soyousay

Answer by soyousay at 6:20 PM on Sep. 17, 2010

• Genesis says that ,
    "So God created man in his own image,
    in the image of God he created them;
    male and female he created them."
    I interpret that to mean that it takes male and female to truly represent the complete image of God. God is neither male nor female but displays characteristics of both.
    elizabiza

Answer by elizabiza at 6:21 PM on Sep. 17, 2010

• and so I ask,...'why not' women?! I'm glad that God created us the way He did...
    momofonelilguy

Answer by momofonelilguy at 6:23 PM on Sep. 17, 2010

• God is neither male nor female but displays characteristics of both.

Then why is the idea of a Goddess so repulsive or offensive to so many? Why is referring to God as Goddess or as She, seen as so disrespectful if God is both male and female?

Comment by SabrinaMBowen (original poster) at 6:24 PM on Sep. 17, 2010

• I see this more as a restriction of language, because The One is something so far beyond our comprehension that we lack the vocabulary to attempt to define it correctly.

(And from what I was told at a lecture by a professor who actually studied Aramaic and Greek JUST to go back and read the Bible in its original context, it didn't say we were made in "his" image, but that we were made in "holy" image. And that was translated to "his" right around the time of King James.)
    geminilove

Answer by geminilove at 6:32 PM on Sep. 17, 2010

• God is genderless.
    Gal51

Answer by Gal51 at 6:34 PM on Sep. 17, 2010

• I believe God transcends gender, and when it says "in His image" it means more in terms of our nature, rather than our physical appearance. Our ability and inclination towards cultivating humanity - those characteristics like compassion, wisdom, patience, graciousness, ect, that I believe make up His own character.
    bandgeek521

Answer by bandgeek521 at 6:38 PM on Sep. 17, 2010

• You interpret God as male, I feel he is spirit ,I don't know exactly what he looks like. I don't know that he has an actual gender, I think of him as more of an energy.  I use the pronoun he for ease of communication.

RyansMom001

Answer by RyansMom001 at 7:31 PM on Sep. 17, 2010